tonyatl
  •  tonyatl
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2020-06-16T16:29:47Z
I am running dnn 9.6 with a page theme from dnngo UnZip_DNNGo20047_Unlimited033_AllModules_7.7.0 and the Yaf theme for its module. dnngo says that there is a conflict in CSSes which I suspect may be in the bread crumb styling but am only speculating.

The bread crumb of the page is corrupted when I add the yaf module (using current version) to the page. when I remove yaf, the page will eventually return to normal. different yaf themes do not solve the problem, so maybe the corruption is occurring in a higher level css for the module.

css is not my forte, however I have mucked wih it often. where would be a good place to start? I do not want to alter the page css for the sake of the module.

the symptom is that the page bread crumb is displayed vertically instead of horizontally, and there is an ugly < in the bread crumb container. The module containers are also misaligned and many button clicks in the administrator section fail.

any suggestions for resolving?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2020-06-16T21:43:02Z
Yaf uses bootstrap 4. Is the dnn theme bootstrap 4 or bootstrap 3? Looks like it is bootstrap 3. At the moment you would need to use a bootstrap 4 theme
UserPostedImage
tonyatl
  •  tonyatl
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2020-06-17T01:20:15Z
thank you for the advice - it makes sense. oddly enough this conundrum presented an alternative solution in which I decided to install the stand alone version. it circumvents the issues of co-existence plaguing dnn.

as an aside, the installation instructions are incomplete. I did the following and list them for those who may not be as technically advanced
  1. add apppool user to security list for the iis folder
  2. create database
  3. add apppool user to users for sql server database
  4. add apppool user to dbo role/schema
  5. modify db.config with correct connection string

I still need to make email work.

this editor is not user friendly. it took me some effort to figure out how to create an ordered list. in most text editors the buttons automate the task. here, I had to manually insert the markup before each element. it was not intuitively obvious.
tha_watcha
2020-06-17T06:14:12Z
Originally Posted by: tonyatl 

as an aside, the installation instructions are incomplete.

Sorry but its impossible to cover all steps creating an application in IIS. I can only cover the basic steps, with my basic english. I think there a enough guides out there which are much better

tonyatl wrote:

this editor is not user friendly. it took me some effort to figure out how to create an ordered list. in most text editors the buttons automate the task. here, I had to manually insert the markup before each element. it was not intuitively obvious.

I know it will soon be replaced with a better solution.
UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.