ruek23
  •  ruek23
  • 90.2% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2010-06-25T13:32:04Z
Just a quick one..

How easy is it to remove the smilies from the bottom of the shoutbox? is there a checkbox already or am I looking at a bit of coding time?

If it's coding time could someone point me in the right file maybe?

I'm running 1.9.4 RC1
Sponsor
herman_herman
2010-06-25T15:38:48Z
Hi
You need some code tweaking:
Open the file ShoutBox.ascx, go to the buttom of the codes and remove the parts which read:

<asp:Repeater ID="smiliesRepeater" runat="server">
		<ItemTemplate>
			<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton1" ImageUrl='<%# YafForumInfo.ForumClientFileRoot + YafBoardFolders.Current.Emoticons + "/" + Eval("Icon") %>'
											ToolTip='<%# Eval("Code") %>' OnClientClick='<%# FormatSmiliesOnClickString(Eval("Code").ToString(),Eval("Icon").ToString()) %>'
											runat="server" />
	        </ItemTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>

Then open the file ShoutBox.ascx.cs and remove/comment out the line:

this.smiliesRepeater.DataSource = DB.smiley_listunique(PageContext.PageBoardID);

and recompile.
ruek23
  •  ruek23
  • 90.2% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2010-06-29T12:23:06Z
herman_herman wrote:

Hi
You need some code tweaking:
Open the file ShoutBox.ascx, go to the buttom of the codes and remove the parts which read:

<asp:Repeater ID="smiliesRepeater" runat="server">
		<ItemTemplate>
			<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton1" ImageUrl='<%# YafForumInfo.ForumClientFileRoot + YafBoardFolders.Current.Emoticons + "/" + Eval("Icon") %>'
											ToolTip='<%# Eval("Code") %>' OnClientClick='<%# FormatSmiliesOnClickString(Eval("Code").ToString(),Eval("Icon").ToString()) %>'
											runat="server" />
	        </ItemTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>

Then open the file ShoutBox.ascx.cs and remove/comment out the line:

this.smiliesRepeater.DataSource = DB.smiley_listunique(PageContext.PageBoardID);

and recompile.

Cheers just what I needed :)

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.