BWG
  •  BWG
  • 99.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2010-08-02T13:06:19Z
Is there a way in v1.94 of stopping users subscribing to topics? I'd like to be able to remove the option Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail? when they create or reply to a post.

Sponsor
Kamyar
2010-08-03T14:08:39Z
There's no option in Admin menu for this feature to be removed.
But if you're a developer, I can show you where to modify the code to remove this feature. But you should download the source version and recompile YAF.
Let me know if you're interested.
If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0
BWG
  •  BWG
  • 99.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2010-08-04T10:19:37Z
Kamyar wrote:

There's no option in Admin menu for this feature to be removed.
But if you're a developer, I can show you where to modify the code to remove this feature. But you should download the source version and recompile YAF.
Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks. I've already made a number of mods to the source, and making further changes to remove this feature at the moment probably isn't worthwhile for me. Just my thoughts....but I think it would be worthwhile adding this to the admin functionality in a future release because em subscriptions can cause problems at busy times I think.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.