spa
  •  spa
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-12-21T13:18:12Z
Hi there,

It's great to see YAF is a ready to be used forum model. I wonder how to adapt it to fit to my needs as following:

I am looking for a forum model which allow me to preclasify the topics into categories, so to realize:
- The user could select the category and subcategory from dropdownboxes to create a new post. but also
- The system would also check the profile of the user to see whether he/she is allow to post in a certain category.

Many thanks for advice.

By the way, I am based in Strasbourg, France. It would be nice if some of you are also located in the area.

Regards,

Spa

Sponsor
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-12-21T13:33:47Z
Create forums instead of categories. Please, specify reason why not. I think you really need some sort of tags for topics.

P.S.Bad news, I'm located in Moscow, Russia.
spa
  •  spa
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-12-21T22:09:55Z
Hi,

The reason I would need to load the cateories/subcategories into dropdown box is due to the high number of cateogry I would need.

2nd, the category information would be used in other business dimensions.

So it would be so nice this YAF model would allow 2-3 level of categories, and each level could be loaded into dropdowns.

Would this be possible? Thanks.

Spa