Zero2Cool
2011-06-01T17:41:03Z
Ignore my description, I just noticed I am missing that on my site, that's another thread another time, lol

Topic related... I'd like the following words changed. I had these shortcuts working on my old software and am missing them.

+1 = Slapnuts

Results: A critical error has occurred.
parsing "+1" - Quantifier {x,y} following nothing.

tt = Ted Thompson
and
mm = Mike McCarthy

Change any TT or MM to the "good" word/phrase.

This is what I see with tt being replaced with Ted Thompson in the sentence "tt is a little punk!"
Ted Thompson is a liTed Thompsonle punk!

Expected result would be
Ted Thompson is a little punk!

I also noticed the replace words went outside of the message text field as well. I'd like to limit it to only Message Text.

Am I making sense??
Sponsor
squirrel
2011-06-01T23:32:30Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ignore my description, I just noticed I am missing that on my site, that's another thread another time, lol

Topic related... I'd like the following words changed. I had these shortcuts working on my old software and am missing them.

+1 = Slapnuts

Results: A critical error has occurred.
parsing "+1" - Quantifier {x,y} following nothing.

tt = Ted Thompson
and
mm = Mike McCarthy

Change any TT or MM to the "good" word/phrase.

This is what I see with tt being replaced with Ted Thompson in the sentence "tt is a little punk!"
Ted Thompson is a liTed Thompsonle punk!

Expected result would be
Ted Thompson is a little punk!

I also noticed the replace words went outside of the message text field as well. I'd like to limit it to only Message Text.

Am I making sense??

Ok -- two part answer -

Your first statement about the +1 - the plus sign is a reserved character in regex searches. It will need to be 'escaped' - so you will have to search for it like this:
\+1

The other part about 'tt' and 'mm' - you are having the same whitespace issue I had with our forums. You want the regex to search for the characters only if there is a space around them - so use the following:
\stt\s

will search for ' tt ' - same for use with the 'mm' - use
\smm\s

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Zero2Cool
2011-06-01T23:54:58Z
Thank you! Got it working, had to toy with it a bit, but it works. Thanks.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.