mika_soukhov
2011-08-24T11:01:01Z
1. Allow to users create their own choises.
2. Allow to delete incorrect choise.
Sponsor
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-08-24T13:50:31Z
Originally Posted by: mika_soukhov 

Too complex to implement. Moderators and a poll author can do it. No need in it for 99% of users.

They can - simply clear the field and save the poll.

mika_soukhov
2011-08-24T14:37:33Z
Originally Posted by: bbobb 

Too complex to implement. Moderators and a poll author can do it. No need in it for 99% of users.

Well, I don't khow any theme for poll that reqiured fixed count of choices (best company, major feature, what I've done last summer). So I disagree. 99% polls need optional choices.

They can - simply clear the field and save the poll.

But I can't. I voted and now I can't reject my choice (to clarify, the poll allow to select a multiple choices).
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-08-24T16:10:09Z

Well, I don't khow any theme for poll that reqiured fixed count of choices (best company, major feature, what I've done last summer). So I disagree. 99% polls need optional choices.

What do you mean by 'optional choices'.? Look for Poll Options section in Host Settings. You can set any number of possible options to display them to a poll author. If the fields are are not filled they simply ignored. If you need to delete an option - you should leave an empty field.

But I can't. I voted and now I can't reject my choice (to clarify, the poll allow to select a multiple choices).

You can't call it back, but you can remove a choice if editing after a first vote is allowed in the HostSettings.
mika_soukhov
2011-08-24T20:59:55Z

What do you mean by 'optional choices'.? Look for Poll Options section in Host Settings. You can set any number of possible options to display them to a poll author. If the fields are are not filled they simply ignored. If you need to delete an option - you should leave an empty field.

The choices should be create by users, not by author or admin.

You can't call it back, but you can remove a choice if editing after a first vote is allowed in the HostSettings.

How can I reject my vote if I regular user?
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-08-25T07:35:40Z

The choices should be create by users, not by author or admin.

That's your personal requirement. Only features which are useful for most users or a developer are implemented.

How can I reject my vote if I regular user?

Polls should not be manipulated. Not only on forums :evil:
Though in real life it sometimes happens:lol: You can clear cookies and remove your user respective row for the poll from _Choice table.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.