JTGrime
  •  JTGrime
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2011-11-21T15:39:40Z
Hello all,
Is it possible via the admin control panel to enforce this i.e. new users require a mod/admin to accept membership before granting access to the forum or would it be a question of adding a new role/access mask and restricting access to everything until an admin approves their account and changes there role to one which accurately reflects there intended privileges?
cheers, James.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2011-11-21T19:00:53Z
Yes it is Possible via the Roles and Access Masks. There are multiple ways to create such solution. I think the easiest solution is to...

- Create a New Role something like "Unauthorized User" make sure the Setting "Is Start" is enabled, limit all Settings of that User or copy the Settings from the Guest Role
- Assign all Access Mask for all Forums to "Read Only" or whatever you like.
- Disable the "Is Start" Setting from The "Registered" Role

Optional: Enable Email Notification for the Users that should authorize the Users.

Then you have an Manual Approval Member Registration Process.
UserPostedImage
huuthangcnc
2011-12-29T03:09:22Z
tha_watcha, i want to ask a little, please. I upgraded to yaf 1.9.5.5 in my web but when i run forum, i can not login by account in old database or register new account. thanks very much!
abcd
  •  abcd
  • 64.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Lover
2011-12-29T08:39:48Z
Originally Posted by: huuthangcnc 

tha_watcha, i want to ask a little, please. I upgraded to yaf 1.9.5.5 in my web but when i run forum, i can not login by account in old database or register new account. thanks very much!

you can solve it by this topic: http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_postst11135_upgrade-1-9-3-to-1-9-5-Error.aspx 
huuthangcnc
2011-12-30T02:23:41Z
thanks! But i use visual studio 2008. what should i add in webconfig?please!

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.