Rob_BAM
  •  Rob_BAM
  • 54.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2012-03-13T02:48:44Z
I've recently installed YAF forum and today I realized that RSS & Atom Feeds are not working.

When I click on a feed link it goes to URL like this:
yaf_rsstopic0ft0_latestposts-rss.xml
and browser states that file or directory does not exist.

All other functionality seems to be working fine. I can create accounts, e-mail, post...

Other than modifying default.aspx to fit my website, I haven't made any other code changes.
Here is my forum:
http://buyerauctionmanager.com/forum/ 

Has anybody else encountered this before?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Robert
My responsive forum for people who choose to eat High Fat Low Carb:
http://highfatlowcarbliving.com 
Sponsor
squirrel
2012-03-13T03:32:47Z
Seems like it might be a URL Rewriting issue. If I use the direct link to RSS (yaf_rsstopic.aspx) I get an XML output. The devs might be able to shed a little more light on the issue...
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2012-03-26T15:29:42Z
In UrlRewriter.config there are 3 rows. You can completely wipe out them or fix the regexps to trace the problem origin.
I can't reproduce it as I have a different test case.

<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_rsstopic([0-9]+)ft([0-9]+)t([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.xml(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;pg=$2&amp;ft=$3&amp;t=$4&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_rsstopic([0-9]+)ft([0-9]+)f([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.xml(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;pg=$2&amp;ft=$3&amp;f=$4&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_rsstopic([0-9]+)ft([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.xml(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;pg=$2&amp;ft=$3&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
gagfree
2012-03-27T07:11:29Z
Any news regarding this issue? I have the exact same problem.
tha_watcha
2012-03-27T12:01:46Z
Originally Posted by: gagfree 

Any news regarding this issue? I have the exact same problem.

If you are Using the latest version make sure you have updated all files correctly especially the urlrewriter.config
UserPostedImage
gagfree
2012-03-27T13:10:01Z
I downloaded the v1.9.6 RC1 and did a fresh install.

Everyting else seems to work.

These are my three RSS lines in UrlRewrite.config

<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_rsstopic([0-9]+)ft([0-9]+)t([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.xml(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;pg=$2&amp;ft=$3&amp;t=$4&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_rsstopic([0-9]+)ft([0-9]+)f([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.xml(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;pg=$2&amp;ft=$3&amp;f=$4&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_rsstopic([0-9]+)ft([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.xml(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;pg=$2&amp;ft=$3&amp;$7" processing="stop" />

They are identical to the ones shown in a previous post.
Rob_BAM
  •  Rob_BAM
  • 54.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2012-03-30T04:12:04Z
I also have 1.9.6 RC1 and the 3 lines that bbobb posted match exactly my UrlRewriter.config.

This is the entire content of that file:
<rewriter>
<rewrite url="^~/(.+?)?yaf_login?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=login&amp;$5" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+?)?yaf_info?\.aspx\?i=([0-9]+?)&amp;url\=(.+)$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=info&amp;i=$2&amp;url=$3" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_topics([0-9]+)p([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=topics&amp;f=$2&amp;p=$3&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_topics([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=topics&amp;f=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_forum([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=forum&amp;c=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_postst([0-9]+)find([-a-z]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;t=$2&amp;find=$3&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_postst([0-9]+)p([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;t=$2&amp;p=$3&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_postst([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;t=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_postsm([0-9]+)find([-a-z]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;m=$2&amp;find=$3&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_postsm([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;m=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_profile([0-9]+)(_([-a-z0-9]+))?\.aspx(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=profile&amp;u=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_([-0-9a-z_]+?)\.aspx\?(.+)?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=$2&amp;$3" processing="stop" />
<rewrite url="^~/(.+)?yaf_([-0-9a-z_]+?)\.aspx$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=$2" processing="stop" />
</rewriter>

I tried playing with RegEx but I don't know enough about it and was not able to change it to get it working.

This is an example of a page that gets produced that is a broken link:
yaf_rsstopic3ft0_forum-rss.xml

My responsive forum for people who choose to eat High Fat Low Carb:
http://highfatlowcarbliving.com 
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2012-03-30T05:07:31Z
Of cause it's the same. It happens when you install it in folder, in root it works fine. As I said earlier simply comment or remove the 3 rows. You will have a default rewriting.
This is the place, play around with it to fix.Try to remove the chunk after \.xml
tha_watcha
2012-03-30T15:32:12Z
Actually if it doesnt work by default its a bug, to resolve it we should change the links to rss feeds from *.xml to *.aspx to resolve the problem. Or without the extension
UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
2012-03-30T17:17:32Z
Originally Posted by: bbobb 

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Actually if it doesnt work by default its a bug, to resolve it we should change the links to rss feeds from *.xml to *.aspx to resolve the problem. Or without the extension

No we shouldn't and it's not a bug, but a config setting. By your logic if you don't put a /forum as ClientFileRoot it's a bug because it doesn't work for him by default too.

Ok please Provide a Solution that does work currently i have localhost/yaf/ and it doesnt work, following your instructions i should add

<add key="YAF.ClientFileRoot" value="yaf/"/> which still doesnt work
UserPostedImage
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2012-03-30T17:34:16Z
:-d It just an example that something should not work by default. .xml is required for generic feed readers. If it doesn't works in a folder, but works fine without it - the problem is almost certanly in the regexp. If you have an installation in folder you can hopefully fix it .
tha_watcha
2012-03-30T17:41:42Z
Originally Posted by: bbobb 

:-d It just an example that something should not work by default. .xml is required for generic feed readers. If it doesn't works in a folder, but works fine without it - the problem is almost certanly in the regexp. If you have an installation in folder you can hopefully fix it .

Hmh the XML exension doesnt Look that its needed most sites didn't use one for example ms and codeplex. But it does look like a problem with the URL rewriter maybe I can find the problem.
UserPostedImage
nicksmith
2012-04-13T14:09:21Z

I think i have the same sort of problem:
The rss feed link
is
http://niras-prod-test/forum/yaf_rsstopic3ft0_forum-rss.xml
when i mouseover the RSS Feed link

I think it should be:
http://niras-prod-test/forum/yaf_rsstopic.aspx?pg=3&ft=0.aspx

but i have no way of really being sure about the right links since they are all mangled. :-(

i have looked in the UrlRewriter.config, but there is no mention of 'rss' in it anywhere
I have: 1.9.6 RC1

Any Ideas?

Nick Smith
tha_watcha
2012-04-13T16:53:36Z
Originally Posted by: nicksmith 

I think i have the same sort of problem:
The rss feed link
is
http://niras-prod-test/forum/yaf_rsstopic3ft0_forum-rss.xml
when i mouseover the RSS Feed link

I think it should be:
http://niras-prod-test/forum/yaf_rsstopic.aspx?pg=3&ft=0.aspx

but i have no way of really being sure about the right links since they are all mangled. :-(

i have looked in the UrlRewriter.config, but there is no mention of 'rss' in it anywhere
I have: 1.9.6 RC1

Any Ideas?

Nick Smith

The Only workaround if you are not able to compile the source yourself and change the links from xml to aspx is to disable url rewriting in the app.config

<add key="YAF.EnableURLRewriting" value="false" />

This issue will be fixed in the next release 1.9.6.2
UserPostedImage
nicksmith
2012-04-16T09:09:20Z
Hi tha_watcha
Thanks for that, - a fast, easy, and effective solution. :-)
It works!

Best regards
Nick Smith