foulkrj
  •  foulkrj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2012-12-09T21:32:00Z
This is my first try with YAF. My environment is Visual Studio 2010 Express on Windows 7

I extracted the Sample app to my VS 2010 projects folder. It builds without err but when I run it the page load fails - unable to find a stored procedure. The database folders appear to be empty beacuse I see no tables when I expand Tables in the Database explorer. I am logged in as Administrator and I know I have access to the database because I can add a table.

The DataSource is:
Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=C:\inetpub\wwwroot\YAF.SampleWebApplication-v1.96.1-RTW\YAF.SampleWebApplication\App_Data\Database.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True

I have replaced web.config with the recommended-NET-web.config

app.config has these 2 lines:
<add key="YAF.FileRoot" value="~/forum"/>
<add key="YAF.AppRoot" value="~/forum" />

I don't know where to set the application protocol to .NET4.
I haven't been prompted to upgrade the database

Please, What have I missed or what am I doing wrong?
Thank you
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2012-12-10T14:28:46Z
Sorry my mistake if the forum db ins not initialized the whats New Module on the default page throws an error.

You need to run the Forum Installer to initialize the Database by going to http://yoursite.com/forum/install/default.aspx 

P.S: I Uploaded an updated Version which automatically takes you to the install Wizard instead of showing the error message.
UserPostedImage
foulkrj
  •  foulkrj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2012-12-10T16:08:15Z
Thanks for your prompt response. I am misunderstanding you. The URL http://yoursite.com/forum/default.aspx  gets truncated and goes to a strange site. I have attached an image of its landing page. If you mean I should substitute my site name for yoursite.com - I am working on this locally in development mode and have no domain for it yet.

Should I just start over with your new version?
Jim
foulkrj attached the following image(s):
foulkrj
  •  foulkrj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2012-12-10T20:24:00Z
Thanks for putting the new version of the Sample app out there. It is running fine.
Thanks,
Jim

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.