jpweber
  •  jpweber
  • 94.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-12-12T17:13:46Z
I have a main website with 5 master pages (asp.net 4 /vb).

Of course, YAF is written in C#.

Is there a way to incorporate these master pages -- although they're in vb -- into my YAF forum? The answer may be a simple "no". But if there is a way, any guidance could be truly appreciated!
Jason Weber
USS Vision YAF 
"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons"
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2012-12-13T12:04:37Z
Yes it is possible you can mix, in .NET both C# and VB.NET. The only thing you can not do is mixing both in one file.

If you want to include yaf in your master Page, you can do that by simply adding the YAF Forum Control to your Page.

<YAF:Forum runat="server" ID="forum" BoardID="1" />

and reference it
<%@ Register TagPrefix="YAF" Assembly="YAF" Namespace="YAF" %>

Maybe i should create an VB.NET Version of my YAF.SampleWebApplication
UserPostedImage
jpweber
  •  jpweber
  • 94.4% (Exalted)
2012-12-13T15:50:29Z
Hehe ... thanks Watcha. I can't believe I typed that question in here. I thought I typed it into stackexchange.com ...

I have never tried to use a VB.NET master page on a C# application -- if I can get this to work, it'll be a first -- for sure! I was always quite sure it wasn't possible, but we'll find out!

Wow ... redoing YAF in VB.NET? That'd be a project! Lots of work! Thanks again watchya.
Jason Weber
USS Vision YAF 
tha_watcha
2012-12-31T15:31:05Z
Originally Posted by: jpweber 

Hehe ... thanks Watcha. I can't believe I typed that question in here. I thought I typed it into stackexchange.com ...

I have never tried to use a VB.NET master page on a C# application -- if I can get this to work, it'll be a first -- for sure! I was always quite sure it wasn't possible, but we'll find out!

Wow ... redoing YAF in VB.NET? That'd be a project! Lots of work! Thanks again watchya.

Took a few weeks, but now i had some time to create an sample web application based on the Visual Studio 2012 ASP.NET Webforms Website template in VB.NET (YAF itself is still in C# of course)

Both the C# and the VB.NET Versions can be downloaded from the Documentation Page.

http://yafnet.codeplex.c...%20ASP.NET%20Application 

I also comitted the files to the repository under YAF.Extras

UserPostedImage
jpweber
  •  jpweber
  • 94.4% (Exalted)
2012-12-31T16:08:27Z
That's amazing, how quickly it took you to make a vb.net version.

I've downloaded it and I'll install it shortly to let you know how things look.

Thanks for your efforts!
Jason Weber
USS Vision YAF