s3b4k
  •  s3b4k
  • 59.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2014-05-23T12:35:42Z
Hi All,

I would love to see YAF.NET using real time communication with SignalR. This would make YAF stand out and make it the best forum ever. I haven't seen a forum use real time communication yet, this would make this application stand out a lot.
the signature
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2014-05-23T12:41:16Z
Can you further explain the real time communication aspect?
s3b4k
  •  s3b4k
  • 59.6% (Neutral)
2014-05-23T12:46:52Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

As in say if i send you a private message, you would get the notification right away without having to reload the page or the online users you have to reload the page to see new logged in users. SignalR can easily be integrated with YAF.NET. Or If I post a reply to a forum post you can be notified right away without doing anything.
the signature
Zero2Cool
2014-05-23T13:01:02Z
Originally Posted by: s3b4k 

As in say if i send you a private message, you would get the notification right away without having to reload the page or the online users you have to reload the page to see new logged in users. SignalR can easily be integrated with YAF.NET. Or If I post a reply to a forum post you can be notified right away without doing anything.

I'm not trying to call you out, but if it is easy to integrate, can you request a fork or pull and do it? Right now YAF has just one active dev and he happens to be loaded with work already. It would be awesome if you could get the SignalR stuff implemented.

What you're saying sounds pretty interesting. I would like to see that used for the ShoutBox too!

In addition, if you are on the site and receive a PM, you wouldn't get an email, but rather notification via the notification bar.

Seems like a good addition from what I feel I understand about it.
s3b4k
  •  s3b4k
  • 59.6% (Neutral)
2014-05-30T18:26:52Z

I'm not trying to call you out, but if it is easy to integrate, can you request a fork or pull and do it? Right now YAF has just one active dev and he happens to be loaded with work already. It would be awesome if you could get the SignalR stuff implemented.

What you're saying sounds pretty interesting. I would like to see that used for the ShoutBox too!

In addition, if you are on the site and receive a PM, you wouldn't get an email, but rather notification via the notification bar.

Seems like a good addition from what I feel I understand about it.

I would love to help yaf.net its one of the best forums out there. But I never participated in an open source project before so I don't know the guidelines.
the signature
Zero2Cool
2014-05-30T18:40:07Z

I would love to help yaf.net its one of the best forums out there. But I never participated in an open source project before so I don't know the guidelines.

It certainly is and with your assistance it could be even better! I can't provide much help on the open source project, but I do know if you were to make changes  tha_watcha would most definitely assist with whatever help you needed to contribute.
Zero2Cool
2014-11-10T20:25:18Z
This works right out of the box. Seems like it would be a good replacement for the ShoutBox.
http://www.codeproject.c...sp-Net-SignalR-Chat-Room 

On forum index, show only the messages.
On flyout, show messages and who's online.