Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2014-06-10T15:09:40Z
Okay, so I've done a (semi) successful installation of the upgraded version to 2.1.2.0 but had a few issues with how I set up the SQL database, so I did the upgrade install, followed all the steps for the upgrade and was able to sucsessfully run the "Upgrade Wizard" but the way my husband and I set up the SQL server (we used SQL Authentication instead of Windows) we were unable to get the database connection string to work - no matter WHAT we tried, until we used sa as the user name - then it worked...

However, it put all the tables into the "Master" table. So, we went into SQL and changed the settings on the Yaf database to allow full privledges. Okay - all good, I'm now able to get into the Yaf database that I imported from the old hosting service. BUT...

The same error I was/AM having with the live forums is now occurring on the new installation of the yaf forums on my local host! I can register as a new user with no problem, but when I try to login again as that user I get the error: "The user name or password entered is incorrect. Please try again." And I absolutely can NOT get signed in!

So I opened up the Yaf SQL database, and checked the Yaf_Prov_Membership table - my new user registration does show up in that table. Then I checked the Yaf_Users Table, and lo and behold it IS there and I see that the IsApproved field in both tables is currently set to 0 - so I have to manually set them to 1 - so all is good, except that I should be able to log in as the administrator and do the approval through the Admin page on the forums, instead of in the SQL database.

So what's the problem you say? Well...I get the SAME "The user name or password entered is incorrect. Please try again." error when I try to log in to the upgraded forums as the admin! Um - help!? Please???
Sponsor
Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
2014-06-10T15:34:51Z
I was able to edit the yaf_prov_membership table and set the IsApproved to True, but for some reason I can NOT update the yaf_user table IsApproved field! I used the same SQL statement (except of course I' used the Yaf)User table name instead of the yaf_prov_membership table) but It will NOT allow me to edit the field! There is no way for me to go in and approve the new member, set it to the administrator and then change the password for the administrator(s) via the new userif I can't update that table! If I can't update the table in SQL how am I going to be able to fix this? Please - can anyone help? TIA!
Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
2014-06-11T18:40:25Z
After deleting and recreating the SQL database and importing the backed up files into it, I was able to update the yaf_user table and set the ISApproved values to True (or 1) however, I was still getting the "The user name or password entered is incorrect. Please try again." error, and no matter what I tried I could NOT get the forums to allow me to sign in either as the administrator or as a new user. So I went back and Re-registered as a differnt user, and once that record showed up in the Prov_Membership and Yaf_User tables, I copied the encrypted Password and Password_salt from the Prov_Membership table of the new user that I just created and copied it over to my Adminsitrator Password and Password_salt columns in the Prov_Membership table, and THEN I was able to sign in as the Administrator - so ONE problem solved

I'll post on the other thread regarding the upgrade - there are STILL numerous problems going on here with the database and I am pretty much at a loss as to why/how these problems have occurred, when I have NOT changed the code. It makes no sense!

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.