EDanaII
  •  EDanaII
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2014-11-28T16:45:41Z
I'm attempting to integrate YAF with a custom website and the Screwturn Wiki.

The original (custom) web site uses the standard asp net provider and I integrated that using the YAF Sample Web Application as my basis. There were no issues with that integration but I ended up using YAF's provider rather than my original. The original site was integrated with screwturn using the original provider and the ScrewTurn ASP.NET Proxy Membership Provider  and seemed to work without any issues.

Now, I'm attempting to integrate the wiki with YAF's provider and am running into this error: "Could not find stored procedure dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion." Checking the YAF's database, there is no such stored proc or alias for it and none of the tables the proc uses exist, so...

Before I go and try recreating all that, what advice does anyone have? Should I go back to and use the original asp net provider? Can I use it in conjunction with YAF's aspx membership pages? Are there some settings, in YAF's or Screwturn's web configs that I can set to fix this?

Any and all clues greatly appreciated.

Ed.
Sponsor
EDanaII
  •  EDanaII
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2014-11-28T18:03:44Z
OK, I think I solved this one simply by running aspnet_regsql.exe -S ServerName -E -A all -d DBName and, I think, reinstalling the needed stuff. But this begs a question from me: shouldn't these things have been installed when I first installed YAF?

And, now I have other issues to resolve, some of which still beg the question: would I be better off using the standard asp member providers over YAFs? I believe I read here that YAF's providers are there to provide for ease of upgrading, more than anything else.

Now on to my next issue, which I will be posting about shortly.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.