rai
  •  rai
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2016-08-02T12:19:21Z
I have this scenario. A lot of customers use the forum for support. Some people pay for the support. When they are logged in to forum I can query my database to see if that user pays the support. Now, I would like to mark posts, preferably the subject, either by altering the style (like changing a color) or edit text.

Is there a way to do this without recompiling the original dlls?

Or do you recommend using Ranks for this?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2016-08-02T16:19:13Z
I would use Medals for that, you can use one image that indicates the user is a payed for the support. But if you really like to change colors or texts you need to compile the source.
UserPostedImage
rai
  •  rai
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-08-03T07:18:16Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

I would use Medals for that, you can use one image that indicates the user is a payed for the support. But if you really like to change colors or texts you need to compile the source.

Thanks, but does not Ranks allow you to set style on username AND add images? I have not found any documentation how to add new images and how to write the styles though.
tha_watcha
2016-08-03T08:52:43Z
Yes that is correct for the Ranks you can style the user names and add rank images.

Regarding the Images all rank images needed to be placed in the folder ../Images/Ranks.

Regarding the Styling when you edit an Rank there is the field Style where you enter the inline style css for the name for example if you want the user name red you need to enter...

color:red

UserPostedImage
rai
  •  rai
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-08-03T08:54:12Z
rai
  •  rai
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-08-04T13:25:42Z
I tried to enter simply:

color:red

But it did not override the default styling. You can see a post by this user "Support" here:

http://www.visualcron.co....aspx?g=posts&t=6772 

or in main forum:

http://www.visualcron.com/forum.aspx 
tha_watcha
2016-08-04T13:37:49Z
Did you enable the host setting "Use styled Nicks" under features.
UserPostedImage
rai
  •  rai
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-08-04T14:56:11Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Did you enable the host setting "Use styled Nicks" under features.

No, I enabled that. What happened then was that the style: color:green (which you can see on page now) was applied to the Rank name - not the user name:

http://www.visualcron.co....aspx?g=posts&t=6772 
rai
  •  rai
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-08-04T14:57:17Z
Or no, it took some time to refresh styles - works perfectly now! Thanks!