tha_watcha
2020-02-12T08:18:08Z
Sorry i don't know what you doing wrong. But you can also right click on the .scss file in the solution explorer and click on web compiler > Recompile file

contextmenu-recompile.png

Click to View Image9 View(s)

UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-02-12T11:47:04Z
I got the following error after doing this:

Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update caniuse-lite browserslist`

It looks like I need to install node.js first and then the caniuse-lite package. Very sad...

Why don't we have the ability to set theme colors a simple way?
tha_watcha
2020-02-12T14:19:47Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

I got the following error after doing this:

Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update caniuse-lite browserslist`

It looks like I need to install node.js first and then the caniuse-lite package. Very sad...

This is a problem with the webcompiler. But i'm not responsible for bugs in other software. I run a little powershell script to update ther browserlist

## Remove current version of caniuse-lite & browserlist
rm -r -fo $Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WebCompiler*\node_modules\caniuse-lite\
rm -r -fo $Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WebCompiler*\node_modules\browserlist\

## Install caniuse-lite and browserlist new versions in proper directory
cd $Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WebCompiler*
npm i caniuse-lite browserlist

## Popup to confirm installation completed
$wshell = New-Object -ComObject Wscript.Shell
$wshell.Popup("caniuse-lite & browserlist have been updated",0,"NPM Install Complete",0x0 + 0x40 + 0x1000)

save this script as ps file and run it in powershell

Originally Posted by: tecman 

Why don't we have the ability to set theme colors a simple way?

Well of course you can directly modify the css, its your decision. But its much easier to modify the scss files.
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-02-12T16:03:32Z
WOOOOOOOW!
Hundreds of thanks!
I've managed to do what I wanted after launching that PowerShell script!!

BTW, I also set this in _variables.scss:
$font-size-base:              1rem !default;

This gave me an even better and more harmonious look of all UI elements compared to setting 'font-size:1rem;' for body directly in bootstrap-forum.min.css.

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Well of course you can directly modify the css, its your decision. But its much easier to modify the scss files.

Changing just $warning color from $purple to $orange gives 37 (!!) differences between the new and original bootstrap-forum.css. And you should know why - we have derived RGB values and the like. So changing resulting CSS's for bootstrap themes directly is definitely not a way to go 😊

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.