tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-02-03T17:24:39Z
When I write on this forum, very often I get the following prompt when I click the Post Reply button:

An auto-saved message draft for this topic from "February 3, 2020 4:54 PM" has been found. Would you like to continue with this Draft or delete it?

auto-saved message draft reminder.png

Click to View Image13 View(s)

How to get rid of it? I definitely know that I do not have any drafts because I posted all my messages.

I admit that the same problem may appear on our forum too. Is there a setting to control this or anything that can help us in this situation?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2020-02-03T17:56:53Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

I admit that the same problem may appear on our forum too. Is there a setting to control this or anything that can help us in this situation?

If you use the latest release 2.30.07 then the issue will not appear in your forum

UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-02-05T14:53:04Z
Well, I started to write posts on our forum. Today I was composing a post and the 'auto save' notification appeared several times while I was doing this. Then I decided to preview the post. A dialog with two buttons telling me that I have a draft message appeared. I do not remember which button I clicked, but all this ended with showing me a half of the text I typed (an earlier version of my post).

I tried to reproduce this but no luck. As for me, this new auto-save system is unstable and works with issues hard to reproduce. Is there a way to configure it and turn it off if required?
tha_watcha
2020-02-05T15:34:23Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

Well, I started to write posts on our forum. Today I was composing a post and the 'auto save' notification appeared several times while I was doing this. Then I decided to preview the post. A dialog with two buttons telling me that I have a draft message appeared. I do not remember which button I clicked, but all this ended with showing me a half of the text I typed (an earlier version of my post).

I tried to reproduce this but no luck. As for me, this new auto-save system is unstable and works with issues hard to reproduce. Is there a way to configure it and turn it off if required?

I wasn't able to reproduce it. But i can add a setting in the next version to disable the autosave feature.
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-02-05T16:26:42Z
Yes, add it, please. I've encountered various problems with auto-saving on this forum and on mine, so having an option to turn auto-saving off would be nice.
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-02-05T16:36:59Z
I've just wanted to post a reply into a forum thread I answered in today and suddenly got this 'auto-save draft' dialog again:

An auto-saved message draft (2).png

Click to View Image12 View(s)

And can you change the texts of those OK/Cancel buttons? They can mislead the user and they can delete their entered text by pressing "not the right button". I would use the texts Continue and Delete to avoid any misunderstanding.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.