2007-05-11T17:56:02Z
YAF header (where links like Inbox, Search, Active Topics ... and such locate) is coded in ForumPage.cs, this makes skinning a bit more challenge, and I wonder if it is possible to refactor the part as an Web Control ascx, and create a list header items in a collection, render those items using a repeater, that way, the re-skinning process would not involve touching the CS code. Just a suggestion to have an even further visual design and code logic separation.
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2007-05-11T17:59:15Z
the header and footer have been separated into discrete controls in v1.9.3. But they are still rendered in code. I do plan to change that by using a template engine. The limitation is that you cannot use ASCX files.
muller2
2009-06-11T12:27:40Z
Hi Jaben,

I know you said you were looking into this but I was wondering if you have been able to get the header into its own usercontrol? I have build a YAF theme but I need to modify the header and ideally need it seperate to the rest of the forum.

If you or anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.