danielgindi
2008-12-28T04:22:37Z
Hi!

How can I integrate YAF into a website in the same manner that YAF Website does?..
I mean to not show only the forum, but the title and menus of the website on every page (without using iframes...)

Another question:
While using this forum, I encounter AJAX windows like in the search page or other places. When I install YAF myself, its not there.
e.g make a search in this forum, an AJAX window will appear and darken the rest of the page. make the same search on a fresh installed YAF, and it will just take you to the results page.
How do I make it happen to me to? :-)

Thanks!
Sponsor
mddubs
2008-12-28T09:06:01Z
Create your own .NET application. Using masterpages allows you to have a stream-lined look & feel for everypage on the site. If starting from scratch and you need a membership system, use the ASP.NET Membership Framework. Then integrate YAF using documentation on this site or this article here:

http://bunkerhollow.com/...et-site-from-source.aspx 
UserPostedImage 
www.bunkerhollow.com  | www.careercomputing.com 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
danielgindi
2008-12-28T12:04:26Z
danielgindi
2008-12-28T12:18:48Z
BTW, I have just installed 1.9.3 RC2, and found out that the AJAX windows are simply a new feature in the new version... silly me...

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.