survient
  •  survient
  • 56.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-04-08T20:29:37Z
Platform: windows server 2003 x64
.Net version: 3.5
YAF version: 1.9.3

Ok I just had this working one night ago, the server crashed and I had to reimage it and resetup YAF, and now it's giving me this "Failed to load /forum/pages/forum.ascx" bs. I have the forum setup as a subdirectory with everything in the web.config as it should be, and yet it still wants to give me this error. For the life of me I can't figure out what it is. The full error is as follows:

Server Error in '/forum' Application.

Failed to load /forum/pages/forum.ascx.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Failed to load /forum/pages/forum.ascx.

Source Error:

Line 116: throw new ApplicationException( "Failed to load " + src + "." );
Line 117: }
Line 118: }
Line 119:
Line 120: protected override void Render( HtmlTextWriter writer )

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forum\App_Code\YAF\Forum.cs Line: 118

Stack Trace:

[ApplicationException: Failed to load /forum/pages/forum.ascx.]
YAF.Forum.Forum_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forum\App_Code\YAF\Forum.cs:118
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Any ideas?
Sponsor
survient
  •  survient
  • 56.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-04-08T20:43:00Z
I'd still like to know what this error was about, but recopying all the files from a fresh dl of the binaries for YAF to my forum directory , then modifying the web.config and the db.config files fixed the issue. Go figure.
jcass
  •  jcass
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2009-07-14T04:17:51Z
I had the exact same issue. Turns out that the AJAXToolkit library failed to install.

Found this out by commenting out the try/catch in /AppCode/Forum.cs.

Problem is that the try/catch catches *all* IO errors right through the stack. If anything is missing at load time, the file that the base function was trying to access is incorrectly reported as missing. I am thinking that this try/catch block is unnecessary, or a check should be made to see if the exception.filename contains the path. If not, rethrow.

Yes, I am suggesting that this is a bug.
xuanvu
  •  xuanvu
  • 78.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-02-04T13:14:55Z
I'm having the same problem. I've commented out the try/catch block but it doesn't give any other info beside this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Failed to load /Forums/pages/forum.ascx.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Failed to load /Forums/pages/forum.ascx.

Source Error:

Line 112: //catch ( System.IO.FileNotFoundException )
Line 113: {
Line 114: throw new ApplicationException( "Failed to load " + src + "." );
Line 115: }
Line 116: }

Source File: C:\Projects\Website Projects\NotesnhacV3\NotesnhacWeb\Forums\YAF\Forum.cs Line: 114

Stack Trace:

[ApplicationException: Failed to load /Forums/pages/forum.ascx.]
YAF.Forum.Forum_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projects\Website Projects\NotesnhacV3\NotesnhacWeb\Forums\YAF\Forum.cs:114
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks.
xuanvu
  •  xuanvu
  • 78.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-02-04T13:25:30Z
Restarted IIS / VS2008 fixed the problem! Don't really know why 🙂

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.