rdoty
  •  rdoty
  • 56% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-04-27T09:36:50Z
Hi All,
I'm having a problem where users are having their Location (Where do you live? ) disappear. I can't recreate the problem so I don't know where or why it's happening. Has anyone seen this and come up with a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Rick
Sponsor
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-04-27T09:37:47Z
Version?

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
rdoty
  •  rdoty
  • 56% (Neutral)
2009-04-27T09:40:11Z
Version 1.9.1.8
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-04-27T09:46:56Z
It's a Bug. When a user edits their profile, the textbox for location isn't loaded with their value i.e. "Holland, MI" for you.
They then click save and it saves blank over what they previously had.

UserPostedImage 

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
rdoty
  •  rdoty
  • 56% (Neutral)
2009-04-27T09:49:23Z
What do I need to do?
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-04-27T10:03:32Z
Two options; if your okay with trying to code open Pages\EditProfile.aspx and Pages\EditProfile.aspx.cs which is where the problem will lie. Pretty sure the bugs been fixed in 1.93 so thats your other option ("upgrading"). Though if your not confident with being bleeding edge (it's been out less than a week), I'd wait a little while and then upgrade.

Since 1.93 is now final, support is moving to that (i.e. why fix a prob twice).

UserPostedImage 

rdoty
  •  rdoty
  • 56% (Neutral)
2009-04-27T10:15:14Z
I'm not ready to upgrade yet but I will change the code. Since I've never actually seen this happen (my personal location loads when I load the page) what, specifically, do I need to change in the code. Why isn't it loading the location?

Thank you.
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-04-27T10:28:30Z
hmm not sure without going through it, but just checked my production install (running the same version) and mine does the same thing.

UserPostedImage 

rdoty
  •  rdoty
  • 56% (Neutral)
2009-04-27T10:31:29Z
Does that mean that when you save your location then return to the edit page you don't see your location? That's what I can't get it to do regularly.
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-04-27T10:48:25Z
It means when I go to "My Profile" - "Edit Profile", the location field is blank and does not contain "Dock Street". Hence when they save the location disappears because its overwriting the contents of the location field (nothing) to the database.

UserPostedImage 

rdoty
  •  rdoty
  • 56% (Neutral)
2009-04-28T03:39:10Z
I just noticed that my location is now gone but I didn't save my profile at all. Is this something different than what you're experiencing? Is it related to an authentication cookie expiring?

Thanks.
rdoty
  •  rdoty
  • 56% (Neutral)
2009-05-12T07:27:47Z
Any ideas? I don't know why this is happening.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.