slipperybeans
2009-05-03T09:01:10Z
Trying to upgrade from v1.9.3 RC2 to 1.9.3 Final
I've done a few customizations to treat messages as approved before the moderator rejects or approves the message.
This is mostly done in the procedures.sql file, and I would be surprised if they turned out to be the source of the problem I am having.

I've copied the recommended-NETv3.5-web.config into my main Web.config verbatim.
I tried to "merge" changes as it touched upon in Install.txt, but this is either far beyond my pay-grade, or I just don't see anything in my old web.config that I need to carry over to the new NETv3.5 web.config.
Whatever the membership provider settings are, I don't know what I need to keep from the old web.config nor what I need to take from the new one.
For that matter, I don't know what membership provider settings are nor am I sure I care.
As long as the existing users are preserved in the upgrade - I'm happy.



The full error message is:
The control with ID '' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.
By stepping through the code, it comes up shortly after YAF.Classes.Base.ForumPage.RegisterLoadString() that is called from YAF.Classes.Base.ForumPage.ForumPage_PreRender

I'm running this through Visual Studio 2008 running on Vista Premium x64 with SQL Server 2008 backend.
I believe I'm running on .Net 3.5, but I may have gotten confused after trying to get either YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL or YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-BIN-NET35 working
(which may be part of the problem).

I saw a previous thread with a similar (or maybe exact) problem, but there was nothing posted that talked about how to resolve it.


One other thing I should note, is that when this goes into production, it will be restricted to Medium trust level.


(Also thought I would mention that I came across a strange unrelated bug before this, that table yaf_Medal had BoardId set as the identity column rather than MedalId.)

Sponsor
slipperybeans
2009-05-03T09:22:38Z
I triggered an idea to fix the problem when I was typing my issue:

I think I ran into a problem with one build and replaced it with another download, .... lost track of things.
So, under the Web project's Property Pages, inside the Build tab/section, the Target framework was still at .Net 2.0
Changing it to .Net Framework 3.5 fixed the issue.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved