AdamWillden
2009-10-07T11:32:24Z
Hi,

I've got YAF 1.9.3 integrated into the CMS Umbraco 4.0.2.1.

When I click "Members" I get the error:

The settings property 'Location' was not found.

Every other part of the site works fine... Yes I did a search and found something similar but that's not it.

Here's the membership part of the webconfig:

<!-- YAF Forum :: 7/8 added -->
	<profile enabled="true" defaultProvider="YafProfileProvider" inherits="YAF.Classes.Utils.YafUserProfile">
		<providers>
			<clear/>
			<add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafProfileProvider" type="YAF.Providers.Profile.YafProfileProvider"/>
		</providers>
	</profile>
<!-- YAF Forum ^^ 7/8 added -->

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks in advance,

Adam Willden
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-10-07T12:57:08Z
Hmm. Something must not be configured properly. I have integrated v1.9.3 with umbraco v4.0.2.1 and it works perfectly.

Try and recycle your process?
AdamWillden
2009-10-07T13:02:03Z
No luck 😞

I will start a fresh with the integration and see if I get it again. I'm sure it's worked previously, one of the other times I've integrated at least.
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-10-07T13:05:07Z
Well let me know if you need Professional help with it -- I'm getting good at Umbraco.
AdamWillden
2009-10-13T15:47:25Z
Just to let you know that after a fresh integration it works again. I don't know what I did last time unfortunately.

And thanks for the reply 🙂 I too have worked with umbraco for some time now 🙂
AdamWillden
2009-10-17T10:38:48Z
well - it stopped working again.

I did a fresh installation and immediately after (already logged in) checked the members section - it worked. I logged out and logged back in and then its broken forevermore.

Any clues?
AdamWillden
2009-10-19T05:44:53Z
does anyone on the YAF dev team know the meaning of the error and be able to point me in the direction of why it is caused or what files/database table it is referring to?
AdamWillden
2009-10-19T06:35:38Z
Oh, right I think I found the culprit.... for some reason one of the members in Umbraco gets seemingly randomly added to the YAF database table for users. But the user doesn't have a username or provideruserkey (from umbraco), just an email...

I've got no clue as to the reasoning behind this happening every time. I'll try to get more information and post back.
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-10-19T07:41:10Z
YAF will attempt to sync usernames and providers key from the provider to the YAF_Users table. The question has to be why that user does not have a username or provideruserkey.

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
alitaheri
2010-06-17T16:32:29Z
I have integrated YAF with Umbraco. and I am having the same issue.
Yaf is trying to attempt to sync usernames and providers key from the provider to the YAF_Users table. The question has to be why that user does not have a username or provideruserkey. and why it create this user automatically?

I have deleted the user but YAF creates it again :(

has anyone found any answer for it ?!

I got sick of searching 😞

Looking forward to hear from you ASAP
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-06-17T17:12:35Z
It's supposed to create entries in the YAF_Users table; thats the synch working. Without it YAF has no users. What YAF no longer does is use this table for Authentication, so the passwords will be blank in the YAF_user table; in other words it users the provider for that.
The user provider key gives YAF the synch between itself and the Membership provider.
As for why it doesn't have a providerkey I'm unsure and unfamiliar with the Umbraco Membership provider; check to see what datatype Umbraco is using for its providerkey. You can then adjust this in our app.config I believe and then check.

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
cpetenes
2010-07-17T13:04:05Z
I'm getting this as well.

I hadn't had time to look close at it, but I slapped a try/catch around the property in source and it's good.

Probably not the best solution lol.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.