Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
6 Pages«<456
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Kamyar  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:45:18 AM(UTC)
Kamyar

Medals: Mod Developer Medal of Honor: Wrote a kick-ass Mod and contributed back to the community.Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 47 post(s)
It's very exciting to see Thanks Mod in action here. Thanks to all you guys for guiding me to implement.
BTW, Anyone noticed Thanks Statistics is not shown in Userbox? ("Thanks: ... Times" and "Was Thanks ... Times in .. Posts"Wink
Wasn't sure where to put this post. So sorry if this is not the place.
If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0
thanks 2 users thanked Kamyar for this useful post.
herman_herman on 11/10/2009(UTC), Masil on 11/12/2009(UTC)
Offline herman_herman  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:37:51 AM(UTC)
herman_herman

Medals: Medal of Honor for the SQL Scout: Medal for kicking ass at SQL and helping with database development.Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for The Eyes of the Community: Given for being a community hawk, always watching and helping fellow users.

Man
Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Thank YOU Kamyar for your wonderful contribution.
This is probably because of the fact that performance enhancement by you is not applied yet I guess Wink Cheesy Grin
Half of my life was elapsed in front of monitors, waiting for progress bars to reach their 100%.
Offline TheNerd  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:40:12 AM(UTC)
TheNerd

Hello, we have the beta version up and running in our prod environment after going through and fixing some bugs that you guys already noted here. One thing that is troubling us - we migrated from an old DNN forums, and we moved the post counts with us (yaf_user.numposts). One user had 11,000 posts. Somehow, his post count, and several others and getting reset down to like 1,207 or other smaller numbers. When did the migration, we lost several posts because of bad data, but that should not have affected the post count.

Can you tell me, is there some automated process that updates the NumPosts field on a daily basis with the actual count from the database, and if so, where can I find that?
Offline Jaben  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:58:54 AM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
TheNerd wrote:
Hello, we have the beta version up and running in our prod environment after going through and fixing some bugs that you guys already noted here. One thing that is troubling us - we migrated from an old DNN forums, and we moved the post counts with us (yaf_user.numposts). One user had 11,000 posts. Somehow, his post count, and several others and getting reset down to like 1,207 or other smaller numbers. When did the migration, we lost several posts because of bad data, but that should not have affected the post count.

Can you tell me, is there some automated process that updates the NumPosts field on a daily basis with the actual count from the database, and if so, where can I find that?

When a user posts, it automatically recounts their posts. I guess that could be bad if you do a lot of post archiving.

Hmm... never thought about it.

Any one else have thoughts on this topic?
Offline TheNerd  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:15:47 AM(UTC)
TheNerd

Jaben wrote:
TheNerd wrote:

When a user posts, it automatically recounts their posts. I guess that could be bad if you do a lot of post archiving.

Hmm... never thought about it.

Any one else have thoughts on this topic?

I looked at the yaf_message_approve proc but all I see is this:

update [dbo].[yaf_User] set NumPosts = NumPosts + 1 where UserID = @UserID

Which if numPosts started at 11,000 then after this is run should be 11,001. Something else seems to be killing the post count...

We do a lot of post pruning and archiving to keep our DB managable, but we do not want our users to lose post counts and thusly never gain ranks. But I'll be damned if I can find the code that updates the post count for user in any place other than yaf_message_approve.
Offline Jaben  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:06:56 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
in yaf_message_delete:

Code:

UPDATE [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}User] SET NumPosts = (SELECT count(MessageID) FROM [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}Message] WHERE UserID = @UserID AND IsDeleted = 0 AND IsApproved = 1) WHERE UserID = @UserID

Could be changed back to:

Code:

UPDATE [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}User] SET NumPosts = NumPosts - 1 WHERE UserID = @UserID

any thoughts?
Offline TheNerd  
#82 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:53:02 AM(UTC)
TheNerd

Jaben wrote:
in yaf_message_delete:

Code:

UPDATE [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}User] SET NumPosts = (SELECT count(MessageID) FROM [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}Message] WHERE UserID = @UserID AND IsDeleted = 0 AND IsApproved = 1) WHERE UserID = @UserID

Could be changed back to:

Code:

UPDATE [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}User] SET NumPosts = NumPosts - 1 WHERE UserID = @UserID

any thoughts?

Ah yes, the delete and undelete try to recalculate based on the current counts. We commented these out entirely with the idea that once you make a post, its counted forever, even if it gets deleted. We count attempts to post as positive karma, unless they are spamming, in which case they get banned.

Another feature I'd like to add that i am working on - allowing/disallowing images in signatures. Our forum loves sigs, hates pics in them. I put in code that permanently disallows it, but I think it would be good to turn this in to a switch for YAF. Just a thought.
Offline Jeffdesu  
#83 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:15:02 PM(UTC)
Jeffdesu

Would anyone answer about the suggestion 1? ,please..

I need to deploy a version of customized yaf with some integrated works next month.

It would help me a lot if someone could tell me which version should I take as a baseline to modify.

1.9.3 or 1.9.4 beta..4?

thanks for all of you!

triangle wrote:
i've two suggestions:

1. What's the plan for the first RC and Final Release?
2. please make the LDAP/SSO Integration working fine Smile

Offline lawrencevt  
#84 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2009 5:03:36 PM(UTC)
lawrencevt

mmmmm
Offline danova  
#85 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 8:17:50 AM(UTC)
danova

Now you're just doing it on purpose. Cheesy Grin
Offline victorantos  
#86 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 11:49:50 AM(UTC)
victorantos

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Jeffdesu wrote:
Would anyone answer about the suggestion 1? ,please..

I need to deploy a version of customized yaf with some integrated works next month.

It would help me a lot if someone could tell me which version should I take as a baseline to modify.

1.9.3 or 1.9.4 beta..4?

thanks for all of you!

triangle wrote:
i've two suggestions:

1. What's the plan for the first RC and Final Release?
2. please make the LDAP/SSO Integration working fine Smile

are you sure you want this?
Offline coldapoy  
#87 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 1:42:02 PM(UTC)
coldapoy

Hi guys, kudos to all of you.... i have a question and i'm not pretty sure where to post? where can i find the step by step procedure for installing and the intergration to my site resources for YAF? hope you guys are kind enough to help me out... thanks and happy holidays!
Offline AsULikeIt  
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:16:06 AM(UTC)
AsULikeIt

When would be the final release of YAF 1.9.4 is expected ???
Rss Feed  Atom Feed