Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jaben  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:57:48 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
It's not defaulted for anyone -- but it can be turned on in your My Profile->Communication Preferences.

I turned it on to do some "dogfooding" for the feature. Best for people who use their forum as a marketing tool -- not a place they want people to come and look around all the time (ad dollars). Blink

Edited by user Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:59:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jaben attached the following image(s):
DailyDigest.png
thanks 1 user thanked Jaben for this useful post.
ozgurcakar on 1/22/2011(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:25:35 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
its a Really Nice Feature, But there is a Problem with that forum. last night i got the Daily Digest mail 8 times. Also i got the Mails from Topics or Forums i Watch more then one Time.

I am the only one with that problem?
Offline cagliostro  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:41:25 AM(UTC)
cagliostro

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
tha_watcha wrote:

I am the only one with that problem?

Nope.
Offline Jaben  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:47:44 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

I'm noticing some issues with it as well -- it's sort of random when I receive emails. Strangely, only noticed the issue on this server. Very strange.
Offline Jaben  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:25:19 AM(UTC)
Jaben

Should be better now Wink
Offline tha_watcha  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2010 12:54:44 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
Jaben wrote:

It worked for two days but lust night i got 9 emails
Offline Jaben  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2010 10:07:43 AM(UTC)
Jaben

tha_watcha wrote:
Jaben wrote:

It worked for two days but lust night i got 9 emails

I think it might be an issue with my mail server, honestly. YAF appears to be doing things properly.
Offline bbobb  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 12:09:00 PM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 254 post(s)
I don't think this is a YAF problem. An extra config setting for
http://msdn.microsoft.co....smtpclient.timeout.aspx
would help.
Offline ozgurcakar  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:44:10 PM(UTC)
ozgurcakar

Originally Posted by: Jaben Go to Quoted Post
It's not defaulted for anyone -- but it can be turned on in your My Profile->Communication Preferences.

I turned it on to do some "dogfooding" for the feature. Best for people who use their forum as a marketing tool -- not a place they want people to come and look around all the time (ad dollars). Blink

Digest is working well but I have problem with links on send mails.
Links on mails like follows:
http://......./..../digest.aspx?g=forum
digest.aspx already present in default directory and "controls/emaildigest.ascx" present its directory but links not goes to anywhere it stucks as white page
Offline ozgurcakar  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:34:50 PM(UTC)
ozgurcakar

Originally Posted by: ozgurcakar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jaben Go to Quoted Post

Digest is working well but I have problem with links on send mails.
Links on mails like follows:
http://......./..../digest.aspx?g=forum
digest.aspx already present in default directory and "controls/emaildigest.ascx" present its directory but links not goes to anywhere it stucks as white page

It has fixed at app.config after adding <add key="YAF.ForceScriptName" value="default.aspx" />
Offline nhoward34  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:56:02 PM(UTC)
nhoward34

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey Everyone,

I have been using the latest build 1.9.6.1 and it seemed to fix all the issues I was having with Digest sending EXCEPT for the automated Daily Digest that is supposed to be sent in the morning. I get test emails, forced digest sends as well as emails when someone posts to a topic or comment without issue.

Any thoughts as to why the automated send is not functioning properly?

Thanks!

Nick
Offline nhoward34  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 8:00:04 AM(UTC)
nhoward34

Can someone please take a look at the last post for this discussion? I am getting Digests to send, but the Daily automatic Digest send does not appear to be working. I have all the settings in place, Force Send is fine, etc.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, my customer is breathing down my neck on this one.

Thanks!

Nick
Offline Jaben  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:53:54 PM(UTC)
Jaben

It's probably because you're on shared hosting and the app pool is timing out. Solution would be to ping that site every 10 minutes or so and keep it alive with a cheap or free ping service such as Pingdom.
Offline nhoward34  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:27:58 PM(UTC)
nhoward34

Thanks for your response!

I am not on shared hosting, but I can check to see if the app pool shuts down in the default number of minutes. I can set this to only recycle once a day. Can you elaborate as to why the app pool shutting down would have this effect? What is the process that is taking place when sending Daily Digests?

Nick
Offline nhoward34  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2012 7:44:28 PM(UTC)
nhoward34

App Pool has been running since your response and still no Daily Digests being sent. Email responses are being sent, however.

Any other thoughts as to what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Nick
Rss Feed  Atom Feed