Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ankit  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:18:07 PM(UTC)
ankit

I have my website and I want to use YAF with that and I ant functionality such as user logged in to my existing website can also access YAF with as currently logged in user. So user logged in to YAF or my existing website has no need to login again if surfing my website or YAF.

Please help. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 5:32:34 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
If your website uses the standard Asp.Net Membership, for user management integrating yaf is really simply.

There is a Sample Web Application for that available

http://yafnet.codeplex.c...rringTitle=Documentation
Offline ankit  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:08:16 AM(UTC)
ankit

Hi,

No my website is not using Asp.Net Membership control. It is normal login procedure by storing values in session variables. So after following the documentation, is there any method with which user logged in to my website will have auto login to YAF also when he clicks on YAF link in my website?

So my problem is how to maintain auto login with my current website and YAF. Is there any solution? Please help regarding to this problem.

Thanks for reply.
Offline valyb  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 8:40:44 AM(UTC)
valyb

Originally Posted by: ankit Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

No my website is not using Asp.Net Membership control. It is normal login procedure by storing values in session variables. So after following the documentation, is there any method with which user logged in to my website will have auto login to YAF also when he clicks on YAF link in my website?

So my problem is how to maintain auto login with my current website and YAF. Is there any solution? Please help regarding to this problem.

Thanks for reply.

What programming language/database is used in your website? An address of the website would be good for start.

Offline Johni Imtiaz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:08:29 AM(UTC)
Johni Imtiaz

Austria

This is very nice post thanks!Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Johni Imtiaz..!!
Offline bbobb  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:02:47 PM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 254 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked bbobb for this useful post.
kingmanu on 11/27/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed