Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline f2f  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 10:58:11 PM(UTC)
f2f

Hi all,

I installed this forum for my friends and they want to use this as a private forum. When a user navigates to forum, they have to see nothing and will be redirected to login page. After they inpur their username/pass, they can access the forum. Is there any way to this without creating new login page because I want to use old login page of YAF ?

found the following link, but it required me creating a new login page, but is there any way to reuse login page of YAF ?
http://yetanotherforum.n...n-before-accessing-forum

Thanks and have a nice day.
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:04:27 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
You only need to set the Access Masks for all forums. For guest to No Access, and enable the checkbox Hide if no access
Offline f2f  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:52:02 AM(UTC)
f2f

Thanks for your answer. However, A blank forum is still displayed when user don't login. Is there any way display login page instead of a blank forum ?
I mean when user don't login, if they navigate to my forum, they will be redirect to login page immediately.

Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:51:12 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
Originally Posted by: f2f Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your answer. However, A blank forum is still displayed when user don't login. Is there any way display login page instead of a blank forum ?
I mean when user don't login, if they navigate to my forum, they will be redirect to login page immediately.

Yes you can do that in the host settings under login settings exist the option Require User Login. That option you need to enable.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed