Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tecman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 2:06:55 AM(UTC)
tecman

YAF 2.2 brought us the new post attachment system, which is accessed through the paper clip button in the post editor toolbar. I have some questions regarding it.

1. When we click the paper clip button, we see a list of attachments uploaded earlier. As I understood, these are attachments specific for the current user, right?
  2. How can I remove unneeded attachments? I may have big files uploaded earlier I no longer use in my posts, so how can I remove them?
  3. How are my attachments stored on the server? Are they stored as BLOBs inside the SQL forum db? And what is the purpose of the upload subfolder in the forum directory? It seems it does not store all attachments we have on our forum as files.
  4. How can we change the list of file types available for uploading? For instance, sometime we need to upload .reg files on our forum.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:25:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added more questions

Sponsor
Offline tecman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 2:49:19 AM(UTC)
tecman

P.S.

I know that there is the admin page to work with attachments (/forum/admin/attachments), but it is available only for admins. As for my questions regarding the ability to manage attachments, I meant normal 'user mode'.

And I have a suggestion regarding that admin attachment control page: please, implement the ability to filter the forum attachment list (for instance, by user) or at least give us any ability to sort that table by its columns.
Offline tha_watcha  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:28:16 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1142 time(s) in 972 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tecman Go to Quoted Post
When we click the paper clip button, we see a list of attachments uploaded earlier. As I understood, these are attachments specific for the current user, right?

Correct

The next question is how can I remove unneeded attachments? I may have big files uploaded earlier I no longer use in my posts, so how can I remove them?

In your control panel under My Profile, there is an attachments page where you can delete them, you find it here

http://yetanotherforum.net/forum/attachments

And the last thing: how are my attachments stored on the server? Are they stored as BLOBs inside the SQL forum db? And what is the purpose of the upload subfolder in the forum directory?

By default attachments are stored in the file system inside the uploads folder, but you can enable/disable to store them inside the file table in the data base from within the host settings

And I have a suggestion regarding that admin attachment control page: please, implement the ability to filter the forum attachment list (for instance, by user) or at least give us any ability to sort that table by its columns.

Well that page needs some updates because at the moment it shows only the old attachments not the inline attachments, and sorting by column would be a good idea.

thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
tecman on 7/1/2015(UTC)
Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:29:26 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

How can we change the list of file types available for uploading? For instance, sometime we need to upload .reg files on our forum.

Under Admin > Settings > File Extensions
tecman on 7/1/2015(UTC)
Offline tha_watcha  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:49:49 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha Go to Quoted Post

The next question is how can I remove unneeded attachments? I may have big files uploaded earlier I no longer use in my posts, so how can I remove them?

In your control panel under My Profile, there is an attachments page where you can delete them, you find it here

http://yetanotherforum.net/forum/attachments

That's good if you know the link, or how to find it in the web-interface. However, it is hard to to find it using the visual interface. Now I see that it is deep inside - first I need to click 'My Profile', then I see the Attachments link in a series of small links under the 'Personal Profile:' title.

I think a good idea would be bellow the upload file button in the attachments menu, to have a link "Manage your existing attachments"
Offline tecman  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:52:54 AM(UTC)
tecman

Found one problem with the upload folder in YAF 2.2.2. If I remove a file using /forum/attachments, it remains in the upload folder. It's a bug, so I re-asked this question in the Bugs section on this forum:

Files from the upload folder aren't removed

Edited by user Friday, July 3, 2015 1:02:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Re-asked question in the appropriate forum section

Offline mojtaba  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 11:25:30 PM(UTC)
mojtaba

Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Hello
Uploads on the cp_message are shown as follows
[ attach ]1[ /attach ] [ attach]4[ /attach ]
How to fix this
Thank you
Offline tha_watcha  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 9:55:27 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Thanks for the report issue will be fixed in YAF 2.2.4.2
Offline tha_watcha  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2017 9:42:28 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Please download the latest version
mojtaba on 8/9/2017(UTC)
Offline mojtaba  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:39:13 AM(UTC)
mojtaba

How to enable upload for all users in pmessage?
Offline tha_watcha  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:44:30 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: mojtaba Go to Quoted Post

How to enable upload for all users in pmessage?

By default at the moment the upload is always enabled for all users in private messages

Offline mojtaba  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 4:51:49 AM(UTC)
mojtaba

how to fix this error (yaf 2.2.4.2)?
Could not find stored procedure \'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion\'.
Offline tha_watcha  
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:13:02 PM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: mojtaba Go to Quoted Post
how to fix this error (yaf 2.2.4.2)?
Could not find stored procedure \'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion\'.

Where you get that error? Can you post the full error message?

Offline mojtaba  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:28:50 PM(UTC)
mojtaba

in the first installing
forum-error.jpg
after this, when visit site show this error

Quote:
No candidates for a guest were found for the board 1.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: No candidates for a guest were found for the board 1.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): No candidates for a guest were found for the board 1.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +282
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +781
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +5180
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +87
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +105
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption) +607
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest) +3220
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) +734
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +123
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +302
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +217
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +181
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +131
YAF.Types.Interfaces.Data.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<GetDataset>b__0(IDbCommand c) +119
YAF.Core.Data.DbAccessBase.Execute(Func`2 execFunc, IDbCommand cmd, IDbTransaction dbTransaction) +285
YAF.Types.Interfaces.Data.IDbAccessExtensions.GetData(IDbAccess dbAccess, IDbCommand cmd, IDbTransaction dbTransaction) +92
YAF.Classes.Data.LegacyDb.pageload(Object sessionID, Object boardID, Object userKey, Object ip, Object location, Object forumPage, Object browser, Object platform, Object categoryID, Object forumID, Object topicID, Object messageID, Object isCrawler, Object isMobileDevice, Object donttrack) +614

[ApplicationException: Sql Exception with error number 50000 (Tries=0)]
YAF.Classes.Data.LegacyDb.pageload(Object sessionID, Object boardID, Object userKey, Object ip, Object location, Object forumPage, Object browser, Object platform, Object categoryID, Object forumID, Object topicID, Object messageID, Object isCrawler, Object isMobileDevice, Object donttrack) +1137
YAF.Core.LoadPageFromDatabase.Handle(InitPageLoadEvent event) +8421
YAF.Core.ServiceLocatorEventRaiser.Raise(T eventObject) +225
YAF.Core.YafContext.InitUserAndPage() +448
YAF.Core.UserPageBase.get_Page() +115
YAF.Core.UserPageBase.get_PageUserID() +21
YAF.ForumPageBase.Page_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) +454
System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.OnError(EventArgs e) +138
System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) +106
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +10338
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +353
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +75
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +126
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +880
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +97

in database
User is empty
prov_Membership has one row for my account
Offline tha_watcha  
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:31:06 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

This happen on an azure installation correct?

Did you get any error messages before the "Could not find stored procedure \'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion\'. " error messages appears?

What happens when you kill the database and you run the install wizard again?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed