Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ThisBytes5  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 2:07:56 PM(UTC)
ThisBytes5

I found the post below, but given it's age I'm wondering if it will still work, does anyone know if it's still valid?
http://www.yetanotherfor...membership---My-Solution

I have what I need for creating the user, figured that out by lots of trial and error, but haven't been able to figure out the login process.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:31:54 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
here is a sample on how to login a user

Code:
 FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(userName, true);

YafContext.Current.Get<IRaiseEvent>().Raise(new SuccessfulUserLoginEvent(userID));

of course first you need to get first the username and the user id.

if you need more help let me know.
Offline ThisBytes5  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:51:32 PM(UTC)
ThisBytes5

I finally got the post above working rather late last night, and with sleep/work/kids this is the first time I've been able to check status of the question. I appreciate the feedback. Once done with what I have going on I'll go back and reply to the post with my changes as I had to tweak it a bit, probably due to the age of the post and the fact that my back end is making the login call, so I had to pass some cookies around.

Now off to publish the forum, get it on my prod server, and read docs/figure out how to re-skin it!

Over all I'm pretty happy with the way the setup and customization has gone, taken a while, but if I had to do it again it would be quick.

Wayne
Rss Feed  Atom Feed