Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vcsharp  
#1 Posted : 10 January 2018 20:05:12(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

Does YAF has spam filtering built into it or I need to use third-party services like Akismet? I do not want to moderate every post to filter spams.

Edited by user 11 January 2018 11:12:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : 10 January 2018 23:27:20(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1183 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Take a look at the documentation....

https://github.com/YAFNE...AF.NET-against-Spam-BOTS

We have multiple options for spam protection
thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
vcsharp on 11/01/2018(UTC)
Offline tuilip  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2018 11:20:41(UTC)
tuilip

Iceland

Originally Posted by: vcsharp Go to Quoted Post
Does YAF has spam filtering built into it or I need to use third-party services like Akismet? I do not want to moderate every post to filter spams.

If someone is using bots and automated service it can be blocked but human spamers still needs a human moderator to monitor. For my forum i just use to monitor first few post of each new member and if i found those post as non Sammy i covert them to permanent member them most spammers will go away after posting few small post.

There are also no links strategy you can use in this strategy don't allow new users to make click able link i don't encourage blocking links for all the members because it important to link to important stuff such as some resources or some news stuffs it can be helpful.

You can also start a specific thread for spamming purpose let them spam them there just make sure to use "no index" "no follow" tag in that thread so google won't bite your forum for spam content.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed