Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline herman_herman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 8:50:11 AM(UTC)
herman_herman

Medals: Medal of Honor for the SQL Scout: Medal for kicking ass at SQL and helping with database development.Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for The Eyes of the Community: Given for being a community hawk, always watching and helping fellow users.

Man
Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Here I have found a YAF forum in Vietnamese with more than 5.000.000 posts (:shockSmile , 64000 users and has the record of 3230 users online at the same time.Must be running on a quite powerful rig.
The forum is about football and sometime has new posts every 2-3 seconds.So far this is the biggest YAF forum I have ever seen.

Visit the forum at:
http://forum.cadovn.com/

Edited by user Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:44:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Half of my life was elapsed in front of monitors, waiting for progress bars to reach their 100%.
thanks 2 users thanked herman_herman for this useful post.
Theodor on 12/2/2011(UTC), kingmanu on 11/27/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline Jaben  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:15:30 AM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Nice find... that is HUGE.
Offline bbobb  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:02:37 PM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 254 post(s)
Good news. This means that YAF can be easily used on huge forums.
But BIGINT for MessageID looms large now.
Offline WarrenT  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:16:06 PM(UTC)
WarrenT

From a new user point of view this is great to know!
Offline ruek23  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:52:45 AM(UTC)
ruek23

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
bbobb wrote:
Good news. This means that YAF can be easily used on huge forums.
But BIGINT for MessageID looms large now.

sorry I don't look at the DB structure much but even if MessageID is int it's still a long way off 2,147,483,647
Offline bbobb  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 12:16:34 PM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 254 post(s)
Just some kidding Wink
thanks 1 user thanked bbobb for this useful post.
ruek23 on 8/5/2010(UTC)
Offline Caspervnn  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:48:55 AM(UTC)
Caspervnn

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Cheesy Grin Football Betting Community, so this is huge

Razz Nice info!!!
Offline doxa123  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2010 5:08:34 AM(UTC)
doxa123

Man
Turkey

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
wow !
Running YAF.NET v2.0 Final at: http://www.dilliduduk.com
.net 4.5.1 & MVC 5 Razor Support Hosting: http://hosting.7renk.net
Offline JP  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 2:39:50 PM(UTC)
JP

Medals: Medal of Honor for Bug Finder: Given for kick-assery at finding bugs by being excellent at QA.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Good to know there is still some headroom for the future, I only have 2600+ users & 256000+ of posts on my site... ThumpUp
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 2 users thanked JP for this useful post.
doxa123 on 11/1/2010(UTC), kingmanu on 11/27/2014(UTC)
Offline squirrel  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:57:13 AM(UTC)
squirrel

Medals: YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports the YAF.NET project with a contribution.YAF.NET Purple Supporter: Purple heart for being an Asset to the YAF.NET Community.YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: A huge help to the YAF.NET community!

Was thanked: 170 time(s) in 161 post(s)
They're up over 4 million posts on almost 200,000 topics --

401 người trực tuyến, 220 thành viên, 181 khách for last 30 minutes
Thành viên trực tuyến kỷ lục nhiều nhất là 2776, vào 08-06-2012 lúc 10:49:06(UTC).

(401 active users, 220 members, 181 in last 30 minutes)
(Most Active Users: 2776 on 8/6/2012)

That's some usage --

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:55:19 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 92 post(s)
I wanted to check it out, but ...

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Offline squirrel  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:23:11 PM(UTC)
squirrel

Medals: YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports the YAF.NET project with a contribution.YAF.NET Purple Supporter: Purple heart for being an Asset to the YAF.NET Community.YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: A huge help to the YAF.NET community!

It should be back up - he suffers from DDoS constantly - the poor guy has been fighting it for over a year now...
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend
Offline daveburke  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:46:46 PM(UTC)
daveburke

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Open Source Contributer: Given to Dave for creating the Sueetie Open Source Project.Medal of Honor Thumbs Up!: Given to community members who are doing very cool things with the YAF project.

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bbobb Go to Quoted Post
Just some kidding Wink

I thought it was hilarious! (But I did appreciate Ruek23 reminding me that the INT buys us until 2,147,483,647, cause I can never remember!)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:54:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Originally Posted by: squirrel Go to Quoted Post
It should be back up - he suffers from DDoS constantly - the poor guy has been fighting it for over a year now...

Bah, still down or down again I should say. I have poor timing. And that's a Soccer site, not Football! haha

Hopefully the DDoS crap stops.
Offline squirrel  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:44:54 AM(UTC)
squirrel

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: squirrel Go to Quoted Post

Bah, still down or down again I should say. I have poor timing. And that's a Soccer site, not Football! haha

Hopefully the DDoS crap stops.

I hear ya on the DDoS -- when I checked last night, it was up -- their peak times are in the evenings locally, so overnight for us is hammer time on that server... Usually when it goes offline, a refresh in about 5 minutes brings it back -- last time I helped him out, we set a pretty low rapid-fail rate so the sites would come back up quickly --

His last upgrade I think was 8 or 16 cores, and 16GB ram or better --
Rss Feed  Atom Feed