dandel
  •  dandel
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-09-03T15:23:26Z
Hello, YAF developers.

I've had a hard time for a couple of days integrating YAF 1.9.4 with my Sitecore 6.1 installation, but finally I've managed to do it. The only thing missing to work is the text editor, for the reply and new post form pages.

I'm getting the following error:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: child

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: child

Source Error: 

Line 359:      this._forumEditor =
Line 360:        this.PageContext.EditorModuleManager.GetEditorInstance(this.PageContext.BoardSettings.ForumEditor);
Line 361:      this.EditorLine.Controls.Add(this._forumEditor);
Line 362:
Line 363:      base.OnInit(e);

Source File: C:\~\WebSite\yaf\pages\postmessage.ascx.cs    Line: 361 

I've debugged the application and I've seen the YafEditorModuleManager object hasn't any modules loaded. It's initiallized, but with 0 items.

I guess it should be a configuration issue, but I haven't any more clues. ¿Any help with this?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-09-03T19:15:18Z
dandel
  •  dandel
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
2010-09-06T07:24:02Z
dandel
  •  dandel
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
2010-09-07T08:28:21Z
Well, i found a solution. When I integrated YAF website project into Sitecore, the assembly changed. So it wasn't loaded in the list of assemblies because it didn't start with "YAF". You have to add manually a condition in YafModulesManager class for your own name of the assembly.

Cheers
swittick
2010-11-08T09:25:05Z
Any chance of posting the code change?

I'm experiencing the same issue when trying to integrate into another site.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.