cagliostro
Hello.

1. Installation ok, no errors.

2. Seems that now you must be logged as HOST to access the Host settings of YAF. Wasn't like that.

3. I see a "Module 386" along with the board name.

4. When viewing a POST, i see FIVE (5) tags in the Page Title. 😮

I haven't found anything wrong. I will do the follow up if i find anything.

thanks for the work !

W2008r2, MS SQL 2008, Net4
Sponsor
cagliostro
I see a couple of exceptions in the logs, both the same.

Here it is:

AssemblyVersion: 5.5.1
PortalID: 0
PortalName:
UserID: 1
UserName: hostadmin
ActiveTabID: 62
ActiveTabName: YAF
RawURL: /YAF.aspx
AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.domain.com/YAF.aspx 
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; el; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
ExceptionGUID: 1eadbdf8-883e-46fa-a004-d4fde203a9c7
InnerException: Thread was being aborted.
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal
StackTrace:
Message: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted. at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal() at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo) at System.Web.HttpResponse.End() at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse, Boolean permanent) at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url) at YAF.Classes.Core.YafInitializeDb.RunService() at YAF.Classes.Core.BaseYafService.Run() at YAF.Modules.InitServicesModule.Init() at YAF.Modules.YafBaseModuleManager.CallInitModules(Object forumControl) at YAF.Forum..ctor() at YAF.DotNetNuke.YafDnnModule.InitializeComponent() at YAF.DotNetNuke.YafDnnModule.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.InjectModuleContent(Control content) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.CreateChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() at DotNetNuke.UI.Containers.Container.get_ModuleControl() at DotNetNuke.UI.Containers.Container.ProcessModule() at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Pane.InjectModule(ModuleInfo objModule)
Source:
Server Name:

tha_watcha
cagliostro wrote:

Hello.

1. Installation ok, no errors.

2. Seems that now you must be logged as HOST to access the Host settings of YAF. Wasn't like that.

3. I see a "Module 386" along with the board name.

4. When viewing a POST, i see FIVE (5) tags in the Page Title. 😮

I haven't found anything wrong. I will do the follow up if i find anything.

thanks for the work !

W2008r2, MS SQL 2008, Net4

2. That has not changed, thats actually the same behavior as before.

3. That happens when a new Board is Created, i changed the name to something that makes more sense like "DNN SITENAME Forums"

4. Strange - I see only 3
UserPostedImage
cagliostro
tha_watcha wrote:

4. Strange - I see only 3

i see 4 here not 5 as i said.

<title>
New Topic test - Test Forum - Travel Guide - This is a Page Title
</title>

If i leave empty the last (page title in DNN), then i can have three, is that what you mean ?

It should be the most two tags. It would be ideal to be configurable.
cagliostro
tha_watcha wrote:

2. That has not changed, thats actually the same behavior as before.

Well i'm not crazy.:?: :?:

I rarely use the Host account and i was able to use the Host settings of YAF. Are we talking about the same ?

But anyway, to be sure, i logged to my DNN as admin and this time i CAN access the Host settings of YAF. Something is wrong since apparently sometimes i can sometimes i can't.

Here is the proof.
cagliostro attached the following image(s):

cagliostro
Maybe i added YAF to the page when i was login as Host. And that is why i was denied the Hosts of YAF when logged as admin.

I think that happened.

cagliostro
I also see the board name has been made a page with spaces. Is that allowed ?

Quote:

http://www.travelelabcdefg.com/tabid/62/Travel%20Europe%20Guide.aspx

tha_watcha
Quote:

if i leave empty the last (page title in DNN), then i can have three, is that what you mean ?

My mistake. on my test installation the module title was the same as the Page Title so i removed the Module Title, but you are right i have to remove the Page Title of the Dnn Page. This is now fixed.

Quote:

I also see the board name has been made a page with spaces. Is that allowed ?

No Thanks for the tip i replace the " " with "-" now.

Quote:

I rarely use the Host account and i was able to use the Host settings of YAF. Are we talking about the same ?

No i had the yaf host settings inside dnn in mind.
UserPostedImage
cagliostro
I don't know if this is a standalone YAF problem or YAF under DNN. I only use the second.

So, the Admin/Host Administration is sometimes avalailable to Admin and sometimes not. I can't find when and when not.
cagliostro
On my Albums i can't upload JPG images. I get

Jpg is not an allowed type for upload.

cagliostro
cagliostro wrote:

I don't know if this is a standalone YAF problem or YAF under DNN. I only use the second.

So, the Admin/Host Administration is sometimes avalailable to Admin and sometimes not. I can't find when and when not.

Not an issue. mea culpa.

cagliostro
cagliostro wrote:

On my Albums i can't upload JPG images. I get

Jpg is not an allowed type for upload.

Not an issue.

cagliostro
Ok, i have NO idea why this happens, maybe it will make sense to the_watcha or else.

DNN 5.5.1 and LATEST build of 1.5.1 rc1 from watchers.net under Net4.

Everything new. New DNN installation. Installing as HOST the YAF module. No errors just one in the Event.

AssemblyVersion: 5.5.1
PortalID: 0
PortalName: Traveling
UserID: 1
UserName: hostadmin
ActiveTabID: 61
ActiveTabName: Travel Forums
RawURL: /TravelForums.aspx
AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.domain.com/admin/logviewer.aspx 
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; el; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
ExceptionGUID: 7f03fe12-e24d-4a3a-b357-8e85df0187c5
InnerException: Failed to find guest user.
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: YAF.Classes.Core.UserPageBase.InitUserAndPage
StackTrace:
Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Failed to find guest user. ---> System.ApplicationException: Failed to find guest user. at YAF.Classes.Core.UserPageBase.InitUserAndPage() at YAF.Classes.Core.UserPageBase.get_Page() at YAF.Classes.Core.UserPageBase.PageValueAsInt(String field) at YAF.Classes.Core.UserPageBase.get_PageUserID() at YAF.Forum.Forum_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

When this error happens (NOT in all installations), i get an error for Guest account not available. And the module is not available.

Deleting the module from the page and adding it again, seems to work.

Any ideas why the Guest doesn't work and why removing the module from the page and adding it again solved (?) the problem ?

thanks
tha_watcha
Looks like the same problem as here:

http://forum.yetanotherf...-to-find-guest-user.aspx 

The same code is missing, i added it hopefully it fixed it.
UserPostedImage
cagliostro
tha_watcha wrote:

Looks like the same problem as here:

http://forum.yetanotherf...-to-find-guest-user.aspx 

The same code is missing, i added it hopefully it fixed it.

Hopefully, since seems kinda strange to work sometimes and sometimes not.

:shock: