tommy382
I saw quite a few of these in the logs. Any idea on how to fix?

System.ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using  in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.
   at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String argument)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Sponsor
tommy382
I have a fix for this issue. It has been tested in the last 7 days and the fix looks solid so far. I'm just surprised that no one else has this issue or care about the stuffs in the log?
Jaben
What was your fix? Turn event validation off?
tommy382
Jaben wrote:

What was your fix? Turn event validation off?

Yup. Let me know if you have a more secure fix.

<pages validateRequest="false" smartNavigation="false" enableEventValidation="false">
Jaben
Not really, no. Event validation is overzealous and useful for poorly coded sites. Also note that YAF uses that default in the web.configs provided.