squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader Topic Starter
2010-11-15T03:23:02Z
I probably just missed this somewhere in another post, but search doesn't return anything so I'll ask --

What are the numbers in the topic titles [+###] <-- what do those stand for and how are they applied?

Please excuse the dumb question, but curiosity is killing me on this --

Thanks!
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-11-15T03:28:58Z
They are used to look up the post. With a lot of systems... they generate a "slug" that is a unique URL to do a lookup for the actual ID/page/contents for that post.

But in a forum, the topic can change frequently. Instead of using the slug system -- we're just including the TopicID right in the url. Simpler, honestly 😉
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 100% (Exalted)
2010-11-15T03:31:16Z
Originally Posted by: Jaben 

They are used to look up the post. With a lot of systems... they generate a "slug" that is a unique URL to do a lookup for the actual ID/page/contents for that post.

But in a forum, the topic can change frequently. Instead of using the slug system -- we're just including the TopicID right in the url. Simpler, honestly ;)

Gotchya, thanks! Makes sense now!
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-11-15T17:44:57Z
I didn't understand your question... you were asking about the 👍 on the topic titles. That is number of times that topic has been marked as "Favorite" by all users.
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 100% (Exalted)
2010-11-15T17:59:12Z
Originally Posted by: Jaben 

I didn't understand your question... you were asking about the 👍 on the topic titles. That is number of times that topic has been marked as "Favorite" by all users.

Thanks Jaben -- that makes alot more sense -- I think we got crossed in replies - in your first reply, were you noting the 'topic' ID in the URL?