twr
I am constantly being bombarded with these attacks on mssqlserver express 2005. Once it starts it occurs every few seconds for hours on end. Any one else having this problem? Is there anything that can be done?
squirrel
  • Medals:YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports the YAF.NET project with a contribution.YAF.NET Purple Supporter: Purple heart for being an Asset to the YAF.NET Community.YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: A huge help to the YAF.NET community!
Originally Posted by: twr

I am constantly being bombarded with these attacks on mssqlserver express 2005. Once it starts it occurs every few seconds for hours on end. Any one else having this problem? Is there anything that can be done?

If your SQL is on the same machine as your Forum & IIS, disable your TCP port for SQL - only localhost needs access to the server if it's on the same box as the forum. Need to google "securing an MS-SQL server" --
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
twr
Oh there is nothing like the beauty of opening the application event long and not seeing 67,000 failed login attempts and the preformance deficit that goes with it! Thank you.

The only downside is one cannot remotely debug the app unless TCP port is turned back on.