f0zzyNUE
  •  f0zzyNUE
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2011-06-08T13:16:45Z
hi,

as far as i can see, yaf.net supports mobile devices - at least it provides a theme optimized for mobile devices.

my question: is it possible to configure yaf.net in the way that you get the regular themed forum in a rich client browser and the mobile theme from a mobile device?

thanks in advance
CHris
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2011-06-08T14:06:39Z
Originally Posted by: f0zzyNUE 

hi,

as far as i can see, yaf.net supports mobile devices - at least it provides a theme optimized for mobile devices.

my question: is it possible to configure yaf.net in the way that you get the regular themed forum in a rich client browser and the mobile theme from a mobile device?

thanks in advance
CHris

Yes this is Possible the user have some options when browsing via a mobile device

- By Default the Mobile Theme will be Shown
- The User can switch to the Regular Theme via a Special Link in the footer, or directly from the url by appending ?fullsite=true or mobilesite=true
- The User can also switch permanently off the mobile theme from the Profile Settings Page
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2011-06-08T23:34:02Z
My site works and looks great on my mobile device, HTC EVO 4G. I've tested with the standard browser and Opera Mini.
f0zzyNUE
  •  f0zzyNUE
  • 100% (Exalted)
2011-06-09T10:50:05Z
so the mobile-thing should work out of the box without configuration? somehow on my iPhone the regular forum layout is shown ...

BTW, I'm using v1.9.5.5
tha_watcha
2011-06-09T11:15:26Z

so the mobile-thing should work out of the box without configuration? somehow on my iPhone the regular forum layout is shown ...

BTW, I'm using v1.9.5.5

I think there was one issue with the user agent string for iphone, that was not correctly working in 1.9.5.5,. And which is fixed in 1.9.5.6. It should work on this site.
UserPostedImage
f0zzyNUE
  •  f0zzyNUE
  • 100% (Exalted)
2011-06-29T10:55:05Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

BTW, I'm using v1.9.5.5

I think there was one issue with the user agent string for iphone, that was not correctly working in 1.9.5.5,. And which is fixed in 1.9.5.6. It should work on this site.

can anyone point out how to fix this string-issue with 1.9.5.5 ? is it somewhere in a configuration file or is a code patch needed ?
2011-07-12T20:22:31Z
OK, I'm using 1.9.5.5 Released 3/3/2011 and I'm not seeing any of what you guys are talking about. No link at the bottom, tried the ?mobilesite=true and still no mobile site. I'm testing with an android and tried using the default android browser, Firefox and Opera Mobile and no luck. You mentioned version 1.9.5.6, where can I get that?
Thanks,
Bill