Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline stingRayYellow  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 2:59:19 PM(UTC)
stingRayYellow

As a moderator, I would like to mark a post(s) in a thread as the “Answer”. This would move the post up to the top of the thread, and quickly help any visitors identify which post they should read first.
Microsoft has a good example of this:
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/90d0f00a-91cd-46e5-a385-e51234d70bc6

Notice it is marked as “Answer” and had a distinct green background. Other users can log in & vote on the helpfulness of the post. I’m very interested on helping develop this solution if you can point me in the right direction.
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:20:28 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1147 time(s) in 977 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stingRayYellow Go to Quoted Post
As a moderator, I would like to mark a post(s) in a thread as the “Answer”. This would move the post up to the top of the thread, and quickly help any visitors identify which post they should read first.
Microsoft has a good example of this:
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/90d0f00a-91cd-46e5-a385-e51234d70bc6

Notice it is marked as “Answer” and had a distinct green background. Other users can log in & vote on the helpfulness of the post. I’m very interested on helping develop this solution if you can point me in the right direction.

This is added in YAF 1.96, the Option to add an topic status to a topic, including topic status icons that will be shown in the topic lists.
thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
stingRayYellow on 11/1/2011(UTC)
Offline stingRayYellow  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:39:27 AM(UTC)
stingRayYellow

Thank you. We currently have version 1.96 Beta. When will the 1.96 be released?
Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:00:54 PM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Originally Posted by: stingRayYellow Go to Quoted Post
Thank you. We currently have version 1.96 Beta. When will the 1.96 be released?

Its already included in the BETA Version, you only need to enable it in the Host Settings "Allow Topic Status Option"
Offline bbobb  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:07:54 AM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 254 post(s)
He possibly means that there should be messages which are marked as answers. It can be done as customization. Then statuses should have an extra column which shows a 'question status' and it
then he can make it if he will cope with first message and the flag ordering in the post_list.

Edited by user Thursday, November 3, 2011 5:32:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline tylor  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:22:44 AM(UTC)
tylor

I tried your suggestion. That works. But how can I change the status of a topic later? For example, a "question" status topic should be change to "Solved" later. How could I do that?

BTW, in the downloaded package, looks the like image resource file for status is missing. It shows nothing on the page. But from the link, it is linking to image theme/cleanState/state_question.png which doesn't exist.
Offline tha_watcha  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:29:09 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: tylor Go to Quoted Post
I tried your suggestion. That works. But how can I change the status of a topic later? For example, a "question" status topic should be change to "Solved" later. How could I do that?

BTW, in the downloaded package, looks the like image resource file for status is missing. It shows nothing on the page. But from the link, it is linking to image theme/cleanState/state_question.png which doesn't exist.

The creator of the topic, mod, or admin can change the status.

The status icons are currently only included for my grey themes, but you can download the new icons for the other thems from the source code repository.
Offline tha_watcha  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:50:27 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

You See the Option when you edit the First Post of the topic.
thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
tylor on 11/3/2011(UTC)
Offline tylor  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:29:56 PM(UTC)
tylor

Thanks!
Offline tha_watcha  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 5:05:48 PM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: super Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha Go to Quoted Post

This is added in YAF 1.96, the Option to add an topic status to a topic, including topic status icons that will be shown in the topic lists.

Question 1) I cannot find this option, I have installed the latest version (Your YAF.NET Version: 1.9.6.1 )

Question 2) How the "Mark the post as Answered" work ? and how yo mark the post as answered ?

Question 3) what if user who is created the question would like to mark the post as answered to same time for moderators to mark it ?

Please help

1. This Setting is disabled by default, you need to enable it first in the Host Settings -> "Allow Topic Status Option"

2. and 3. Marking a post as answer is currently not possible, you can only set an topic status. Set a post as Answer is on the Road Map for future Versions.

Offline super  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:20:33 AM(UTC)
super

Thank you for your reply.

Right now the version is v1.9.6.1 RTW Binary for YAF.

Could you please tell me when this feature will be added to YAF ? Ths feature is on roadmap for which version ?

Offline Coder Scripts  
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:07:26 AM(UTC)
Coder Scripts

Man
Italy

how to add new images topic status?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed