ViralCipher
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 26/01/2013
Hello,

I installed the YAF.NET DotNetNuke Module 1.96.1 on DotNetNuke Community Edition 7.0.2 and the installation worked fine and I am able to use it as the Administrator account on the page I added the module on. However, when any other user hits the page with the module this error happens. I also noticed that the Administrator is the only registered user on the forum, but I have several users on my DotNetNuke website. Is it supposed to integrate with the membership of the DotNetNuke site?

Note: I had to play around with the web.config a lot to get it to actually install. Not sure if I configured anything incorrectly.

These errors are shown in the DotNetNuke EventViewer Module

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at YAF.DotNetNuke.Utils.UserImporter.CreateYafUser(UserInfo dnnUserInfo, MembershipUser dnnUser, Int32 boardID, PortalSettings portalSettings, YafBoardSettings boardSettings) at YAF.DotNetNuke.YafDnnModule.CreateOrUpdateUser() at YAF.DotNetNuke.YafDnnModule.DotNetNukeModule_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace


I am also getting this error when I try to post or view a post.

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at YAF.Controls.DisplayPostFooter.DisplayPostFooter_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
tha_watcha
  • Posts: 4044
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
Originally Posted by: ViralCipher

i installed the YAF.NET DotNetNuke Module 1.96.1 on DotNetNuke Community Edition 7.0.2 and the installation worked fine and I am able to use it as the Administrator account on the page I added the module on. However, when any other user hits the page with the module this error happens. I also noticed that the Administrator is the only registered user on the forum, but I have several users on my DotNetNuke website. Is it supposed to integrate with the membership of the DotNetNuke site?



Yes it should. Its normal on new install you only see the admin user. As soon as a member logs in to the site and open the forum, the user is imported (if everything is setup correctly). You can also import users with one click via the import User page which is access able via the Actions Menu of the Module.

Originally Posted by: ViralCipher


Note: I had to play around with the web.config a lot to get it to actually install. Not sure if I configured anything incorrectly.



Looks like you breaks something. If your installation is a new dnn installation and you are using the default web.config there is no need to modify the web.config.

The only thing you need to do if you have a new dnn 7 installation is to run the sql script i posted here:

http://forum.yetanotherf...7-and-YAF.aspx#post57161 


UserPostedImage
ViralCipher
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 26/01/2013
Thanks,

I figured out what happened. For some reason when I installed the module for the first time it didn't properly add all of the web.config entries needed for YAF, so I was trying to add what was missing myself, but I didn't have all of what is needed. I uninstalled the module and then reinstalled it and this time the web.config updated properly and it is working.

However, I think the build of 1.96.1-1551 is built in debug mode. Do I have to get the source and re-build it as release in Visual Studio and install the module again using this build? I don't want it displaying that debug info to everyone at the bottom of the page.
tha_watcha
  • Posts: 4044
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
The debug message is only shown to admin. But if you want to get rid of the message simply redownload the install package, and simply extract the dlls from the updated zip file and copy the files to the bin folder of your dnn installation.
UserPostedImage
ViralCipher
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 26/01/2013
Thanks,

Mostly everything is working now, but I am having a few problems still. When I view the 'Team' page to display the Admins and Moderators of the forum I get a DotNetNuke error page.


Here is the EventViewer Log:
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: e:\web\aatcuniv\DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet\pages\team.ascx(75): error CS0103: The name 'YafContext' does not exist in the current context ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: e:\web\aatcuniv\DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet\pages\team.ascx(75): error CS0103: The name 'YafContext' does not exist in the current context at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at YAF.Forum.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---


Also, whenever I try to create a New Rank, the page will reload; however the webpage turns gray and the rank is never saved. I do not get an error in the Event Viewer of DotNetNuke or the Event Log of the YAF forum, and when I enabled the display of Birthdays I am getting Invalid column name 'Birthday' constantly in the Event Log of the forum.



tha_watcha
  • Posts: 4044
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
Originally Posted by: ViralCipher

Thanks,

Mostly everything is working now, but I am having a few problems still. When I view the 'Team' page to display the Admins and Moderators of the forum I get a DotNetNuke error page.


Here is the EventViewer Log:
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: e:\web\aatcuniv\DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet\pages\team.ascx(75): error CS0103: The name 'YafContext' does not exist in the current context ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: e:\web\aatcuniv\DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet\pages\team.ascx(75): error CS0103: The name 'YafContext' does not exist in the current context at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at YAF.Forum.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---




Problem found i attached the updated file copy it to the folder "DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet\pages"

File Attachment(s):
team.ascx (7kb) downloaded 40 time(s).

UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
  • Posts: 4044
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
Originally Posted by: ViralCipher

and when I enabled the display of Birthdays I am getting Invalid column name 'Birthday' constantly in the Event Log of the forum.



Go to your user profile and save it then the feature will work correctly.


UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
  • Posts: 4044
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
Originally Posted by: ViralCipher


Also, whenever I try to create a New Rank, the page will reload; however the webpage turns gray and the rank is never saved.



Normally a message box should appear with the error message. But i know what the error message says. By default there is no Number entered for User Albums Number and Album Images Number. If you provide a number here it should work.
UserPostedImage
Forum Jump  
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum.
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
  • You cannot create polls in this forum.
  • You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved