Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mdehghani  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:04:53 PM(UTC)
mdehghani

Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

hi everybody...
I currently have an existing asp.net website with default security/membership. i want to add yaf forums but in a way that current members of my site can log in to forums as well using their former credentials.
how is this thing possible?
how can i link yaf with my existing users table when yaf has it's unique database structure regarding membership and userprofile?
and can I run yaf in a sub domain but still integrate it with my current membership system or am i forced to run it in a folder within my root to be able to use integrating features?
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:45:22 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1147 time(s) in 977 post(s)
Well this i easy since you are using the default Membership.

There is a documentation on how to Integrate YAF in your Application here...

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET/wiki/YAF.NET-Integration-in-to-an-existing-ASP.NET-Application

Regarding the existing Users and how to import them in to YAF, under Admin -> Users & Roles -> Users, it will show all users that are in the Membership but not in YAF. All you need to do is press the Sync Membership User Button to import the users in to YAF.
Offline msouefi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:26:57 AM(UTC)
msouefi

Egypt

hello all
my website http://aqarspot.com is in Arabic language do i have to make other steps
Rss Feed  Atom Feed