Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kungfuis  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:37:00 AM(UTC)
kungfuis

Hi,

When i try to register to the forum via facebook i get two options:

1) Login with an user Account that is connected with Facebook. Or if no account is found a new account will be automatically created in the forums.

2) Connect an Existing forums account with your Facebook account You need to login thru the forums first. The Facebook email address must match the forum user email address to connect the user.

When I try first option I get the message: "The facebook login failed, User does not exist, or the account is not connected"

When i try second option I can manage to login, but what i really want is to hide second option, so can anyone tell me what i might do wrong with the first option ?

Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:21:35 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kungfuis Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

When i try to register to the forum via facebook i get two options:

1) Login with an user Account that is connected with Facebook. Or if no account is found a new account will be automatically created in the forums.

2) Connect an Existing forums account with your Facebook account You need to login thru the forums first. The Facebook email address must match the forum user email address to connect the user.

When I try first option I get the message: "The facebook login failed, User does not exist, or the account is not connected"

When i try second option I can manage to login, but what i really want is to hide second option, so can anyone tell me what i might do wrong with the first option ?

The first option failed because a user account with the same email address as the facebook account already exists. In that case you can only choose option 2 connect your existing forum account with the facebook account.

In the Next version (2.2.1) i changed the error description more helpful.

Offline kungfuis  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:18:10 AM(UTC)
kungfuis

Thx for the reply and also for my late respond.

But if I understand you correctly - this means i cant register through facebook, unless i use option 2 first - where i connect the accounts ?

For me the idea was to be able to register with an existing facebook account.

I have no trouble with login if i use option 2.

Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:30:30 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Thx for the reply and also for my late respond.

But if I understand you correctly - this means i cant register through facebook, unless i use option 2 first - where i connect the accounts ?

No of course you can register through facebook.

Option 1 will register a new forum account through facebook
and if you already have an forum account, registered normally, you choose option 2 to connect your existing forum account with a facebook account.

Offline kungfuis  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:37:59 AM(UTC)
kungfuis

OK - but when i try to do that i get the error: The Facebook Login failed, User does not exists, or the account is not connected

Offline tha_watcha  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:43:14 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

OK - but when i try to do that i get the error: The Facebook Login failed, User does not exists, or the account is not connected

Did you read my comment above?

Quote:
The first option failed because a forum user account with the same email address as the facebook account already exists.
Offline kungfuis  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:47:02 AM(UTC)
kungfuis

Smile yes i did - but i am 100% sure that there is no user with this email registrered
Offline Eagle_f90  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:42:25 PM(UTC)
Eagle_f90

YAF requires each login account to have a unique email address. Option 1 failed because a login account already existing in YAF with the email account that you where trying to use via Facebook. If someone does not have an account on your forum they can use option 1 with no problems and it will create an account for them, but if they already have an account option 1 will fail because it will try to create a new account with an email address already in use. In this case the user must use option 2 to link the two accounts.
Offline kungfuis  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:21:48 AM(UTC)
kungfuis

OK - first of all i want to say thanks for the help and support.

The suggestions made have been tried and doesnt seem to work, so i have come to the conclusion that i will start all over. I cant see what i have done wrong, but i cant login nor register through facebook, unless i register the account through yaf first.

Maybe its a setting or something in my code
Offline tha_watcha  
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 8:07:01 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

OK - first of all i want to say thanks for the help and support.

The suggestions made have been tried and doesnt seem to work, so i have come to the conclusion that i will start all over. I cant see what i have done wrong, but i cant login nor register through facebook, unless i register the account through yaf first.

Maybe its a setting or something in my code

Which YAF version are you actually using? I'm assuming you're using the latest version?
Offline kungfuis  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:12:22 AM(UTC)
kungfuis

YAF 2.1.2

In debug mode i could see that, user was null, i believe it had something to do with security question or answer. Problem was i didnt use that option at all.

I have made a workaround for this and it seems to be working fine now
Offline tha_watcha  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 5:18:11 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

YAF 2.1.2

In debug mode i could see that, user was null, i believe it had something to do with security question or answer. Problem was i didnt use that option at all.

I have made a workaround for this and it seems to be working fine now

Thanks for the info, i added a fix. In Version 2.2.1 it checks if Security Question/Answer is enabled or not.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed