Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Katherine Moss  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 9:19:22 AM(UTC)
Katherine Moss

Hi all,
I had this idea when I saw it on IP.Board message boards. One site in particular demonstrates exactly what I'm referring to; autoposting topics to Twitter; when a poster posts on the forum, there is a little checkbox that asks to share the post to Twitter. I use it ... and I post all of my posts to Twitter. See bleepingcomputer.com for an example. It would be cool if YAF could also have this feature; IP.Board is written in PHP, though, so I'd be unsure which library it uses for its integration. Considering it's already integrated with Twitter for auth, why not add one more enhancement?
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 12:22:43 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Every Topic has the Share option (if enabled) that a topic can be shared to Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.

If you want your topics automatically pushed to Twitter, you could use a free service like https://ifttt.com/ that grabs the RSS Feed and pushes them for you.

I've used that in the past and sometimes when SPAM gets through, it's kind of annoying because you have to delete the Tweet as well.
thanks 1 user thanked Zero2Cool for this useful post.
Katherine Moss on 11/20/2016(UTC)
Offline Katherine Moss  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 1:12:15 PM(UTC)
Katherine Moss

I think I've fallen a bit behind ... though I've got intentions to fix that. You'll see a community forum up here soon with all features enabled.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed