Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline paulherzlich  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 7:37:19 AM(UTC)
paulherzlich

We are running version 2.1.1
Our host is 1and1
Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1637.0
http://forum.hificritic.com

When I and certain other users attempt to access our forum, we get an Invalid IP Address error immediately, even before any Yaf screen is shown. The error is shown below. If I switch on my VPN, I can access the forum normally. The only difference I can see between my normal network and the VPN is that my normal IP address (which gives an error) is IPv6, and my VPN IP address is IPv4. I don’t know if that is relevant. Can you help?

Here’s the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid ip address.
Parameter name: ip

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Invalid ip address.
Parameter name: ip

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Invalid ip address.
Parameter name: ip]
YAF.Utils.Helpers.IPHelper.Str2IP(String[] ip) +189
YAF.Utils.Helpers.IPHelper.IsBanned(String ban, String chk) +353
YAF.Core.Services.Startup.<>c__DisplayClass3.<RunService>b__2(String row) +12
System.Linq.Enumerable.Any(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +146
YAF.Core.Services.Startup.StartupCheckBannedIps.RunService() +181
YAF.Core.Services.Startup.BaseStartupService.Run() +28
YAF.Core.IHaveServiceLocatorExtensions.<RunStartupServices>b__5(IStartupService service) +8
YAF.Types.Extensions.EnumerableExtensions.ForEach(IEnumerable`1 list, Action`1 action) +184
YAF.Core.IHaveServiceLocatorExtensions.RunStartupServices(IHaveServiceLocator serviceLocator) +532
YAF.Core.Services.Startup.PageRequestLoadServices.RequestedPage_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +27
System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +9774850
System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +37
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +296

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1637.0
Sponsor
Online tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:38:11 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
I can confirm the issue. At the moment YAF can not handle IP v6 Addresses. I'm working on a fix, but this will take a few days to implement all the changes.
Online tha_watcha  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 4:19:45 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
This issue will be fixed in YAF.NET 2.2.4
Rss Feed  Atom Feed