Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MisterAcoustic  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:43:53 PM(UTC)
MisterAcoustic

Hello,

I am new to YAF. I have some fear, uncertainty, and doubt about installing the software onto my newly purchased shared hosting site.

It seems lame, but even though I work with .net web apps for a living, I've never been exposed to a windows shared hosting environment. I'm used to having full control over everything, and the installation would not be an issue in that environment.

I've noticed that the documentation seems to be biased toward installing on a machine that you do control.

Can anyone offer advice, or actual steps, to install the software on a shared host? I chose A2Hosting.com, and they run the Plesk control panel. If anyone knows about this specifically, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,
MisterAcoustic
Sponsor
Offline MisterAcoustic  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 6:02:24 PM(UTC)
MisterAcoustic

Well, three days is long enough. If I had a real question, I'd be out of luck.

I guess that's all I really needed to know.

Offline tha_watcha  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:11:02 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
Sorry for the late answer. The problem is that most users have an own server without a shared hosting provider. I never used Plesk before but really the installation is similar as described in the documentation.

The only difference would be that you create the database within the plesk admin interface, where you would get the connection string, for the db.config.

The rest is similar upload the files and run the installation
Rss Feed  Atom Feed