Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tecman  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 5:29:37 AM(UTC)
tecman

I suddenly discovered that all posts from one forum user completely disappeared. I can see the empty post placeholders, but no posts texts.
When I hit the delete button for one of these posts, I see the original message text. This means they are still in the db, but are not displayed for some reason by the forum engine.
What it could be and how to fix it? I see this problem only for one forum user. Is it a special setting in the user's account?
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 9:30:52 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tecman Go to Quoted Post
I suddenly discovered that all posts from one forum user completely disappeared. I can see the empty post placeholders, but no posts texts.
When I hit the delete button for one of these posts, I see the original message text. This means they are still in the db, but are not displayed for some reason by the forum engine.
What it could be and how to fix it? I see this problem only for one forum user. Is it a special setting in the user's account?

Can you see the post when you click on the Edit Button to Edit the message? Maybe it contains any bb codes?

Offline tecman  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 9:48:25 AM(UTC)
tecman

Yes, I can see the text of every post when I click the Edit button.
No BB codes in all 19 posts from this user Wink
Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 9:53:05 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Yes, I can see the text of every post when I click the Edit button.
No BB codes in all 19 posts from this user Wink

Ah you can not see any posts of the user, did you enable hide user post for that user? If you open the drop down menu (click on the user name in the user box) to show/hide user posts
Offline tecman  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 10:07:12 AM(UTC)
tecman

Oh, yes - that helped to solve my problem!
Frankly speaking, I do not remember that I clicked that menu item - never used it at all.
Is it a personal setting, i.e. does it hide the user's posts only for me or for all forum users?
Offline tha_watcha  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 10:50:23 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Oh, yes - that helped to solve my problem!
Frankly speaking, I do not remember that I clicked that menu item - never used it at all.
Is it a personal setting, i.e. does it hide the user's posts only for me or for all forum users?

No thats a personal setting, only you can't see the posts of that user

Rss Feed  Atom Feed