Welcome Guest! To enable all features please
Login or Register.
Long story but I'm creating accounts using RoleMembershipHelper.CreateForumUser(user, displayName, 1) rather than directly within the forum's own registration functions.
All is working except that though I can see the DisplayName field in the yaf_User table is being populated, when you look at the forum pages, everyone is referenced via their username rather than the DisplayName. Is this a flags thing? Or UserStyle? Bit stumped and any help much appreciated.
So I dug around the source code, and it seems there's a Registry item called "EnableDisplayName" that controls this. I added a record into the yaf_Registry table with Name "enabledisplayname" and Value of 1. Then had to use the "Restart App" link under "Admin" - "Maintenance" which cleared the cache, and it's all working.
- You cannot post new topics in this forum.
- You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
- You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
- You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
- You cannot create polls in this forum.
- You cannot vote in polls in this forum.