tecman
Anyone can open the forum thread dedicated to a topic with the so called t-page like this:

example.com/forum/posts/t123-a-subject

However, the board index allows the user to open the last post in any topic using the so called m-page. Below is an example for the same thread:

example.com/forum/posts/m456-a-subject#post456

I blocked all pages starting with /forum/posts/m in robots.txt to avoid the duplicate pages error while the Google bot is crawling our forum. But the new Google Search Console shows a lot of the following warnings related to this pages: "Indexed, though blocked by robots.txt".

To solve the problem, we need to add the 'noindex' meta-tag to all m-pages. Is there a way to do this in the current forum engine we are using (2.2.4.14)? If not, add this as a suggestion to your to-do list for the future updates.
tha_watcha
  • Medals:Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.
Will be added in YAF 2.24.15
UserPostedImage
tecman
When? I am looking forward to this update and checking whether it is released weekly or even more frequently.
tha_watcha
  • Medals:Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.
Originally Posted by: tecman

When? I am looking forward to this update and checking whether it is released weekly or even more frequently.

I try to get the release out next weekend.

UserPostedImage