Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
8 Pages«<5678>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline test2005  
#91 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 8:20:25 AM(UTC)
test2005

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
midwestss...please post bugs and problems in the "Bugs & Problems" board of this forum.

To help you out for now...DO NOT combine config files...YAF versions vary greatly. Start with a fresh, clean v1.9.3 install...get it working, then MIGRATE your current data over. Will save you serious headaches!

Continue this in a proper post please.....

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
Offline midwestSS  
#92 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 8:36:20 AM(UTC)
midwestSS

Medals: Medal of Honor for Bug Finder: Given for kick-assery at finding bugs by being excellent at QA.Medal of Open Source Contributer: Given to someone who gets open source and gives back to the community.

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
ok sorry about that
Offline ekaleido  
#93 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:48:52 AM(UTC)
ekaleido

Any chance the shoutbox/tagboard with or without ajax is going to be integrated into the binary release anytime soon? I don't have the necessary tools to build. Sad
Offline vash  
#94 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 5:57:25 AM(UTC)
vash

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to upgrade my YAF Deployment from version 1.9.1.8 to 1.9.3

When I tried to run the upgrading process I get an error message just after specifying the configuration password

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I think I'm missing something but just could'nt figure it out... Any Idea? Thanks in advance...
Offline mattcch  
#95 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 12:33:21 PM(UTC)
mattcch

vash wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to upgrade my YAF Deployment from version 1.9.1.8 to 1.9.3

When I tried to run the upgrading process I get an error message just after specifying the configuration password

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I think I'm missing something but just could'nt figure it out... Any Idea? Thanks in advance...

Same issue too,

even with bb.config connect string as standard security:
"Data Source=myServerAddress;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;"

and can't complie the 1.9.3 src with some error compling with vs2008 pro trial.

but for 1.9.1.8,it is ruuning perfect and compiled smoothly.

any help or suggestions?

mattcch2007
Offline amitavadb  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:48:11 AM(UTC)
amitavadb

Hi,
I am using YAF 1.9.3 Beta . It was running fine when i was running it in a dedicated server . But for some issue we have transferred it to a shared hosting server.

Now the issue is when we are running it is showing the following error..."Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

One possible reason is the server only allow Medium Trust Level for dlls . Can anyone please help me how i can recompile it seting Trust Level = "Medium" . I have tried it by setting it in web.config file at .net Framework in my pc and then building the application but got bug and unable to run the application . Any has any idea about it ? Or can anyone suggest any possible solution ? Aor is there eny other issue ? Please Assist ..Thanks in advance
Amitava

www.banglawebs.com
Offline xitrum123  
#97 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:13:59 PM(UTC)
xitrum123

Thank your forum .
I'm download YAF 1.93. beta, but I don't understand BBCode Extensions. Can you help me or demo how I fill it. ?
What's Search RegEx, Replace RegEx,Use Module ...?
Thank you very much.
Offline S_lam  
#98 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 7:39:18 PM(UTC)
S_lam

I'm trying to upgrade from 1.9.3 20/08/2007 to 1.9.3 alpha and all things is well but i found all passwords of all users even the admin is lost Rolling Eyes
Offline jimmy03  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:18:07 PM(UTC)
jimmy03

Gr8t.Thanks..
Going to Update Nw.
Offline Ederon  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:29:23 PM(UTC)
Ederon

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Red Supporter: Thank you Daniel for supporting YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
S_lam wrote:
I'm trying to upgrade from 1.9.3 20/08/2007 to 1.9.3 alpha and all things is well but i found all passwords of all users even the admin is lost Rolling Eyes

Yes, because passwords were stored as hashes in old version, they can't be retrieved and only way is to rewrite them. This is done on conversion and new passwords should be sent to users' email addresses.
When I post FP:Ederon in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting.
UserPostedImage
Offline amitavadb  
#101 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:10:39 AM(UTC)
amitavadb

HI,
I have tried to add the permission level to the application's web.config file as follows..
Code:
<location allowOverride="false">
  <system.web>
    <trust level="Medium" originUrl="" />
  </system.web>
</location>

But got the following error...
Code:
 This configuration section cannot be used at this path.  This happens when the site administrator has locked access to this section using <location allowOverride="false"> from an inherited configuration file.

Code:
Line 32: 
Line 33: 	<system.web>
Line 34: <trust level="Medium" originUrl="" />
Line 35: 
Line 36: 		<trace enabled="true" pageOutput="true" requestLimit="1000" />

Is there any other way to set the trust level to medium ... Please assist as i can not change my hosting server immediately ...

Thanks in advance ...
Amitava
Offline test2005  
#102 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:48:36 AM(UTC)
test2005

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Please do not post the same question in more than one place!!!

Answered in other post

Evil or Very Mad

Edited by user Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:50:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
Offline juanp2  
#103 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2008 11:15:10 AM(UTC)
juanp2

Not sure if this would be on topic here, but a question for the developers. Why did you choose to go with writing custom user-role providers rather than just building off the built in ASP.NET ones?
Offline dizzy0ny  
#104 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2008 4:44:06 PM(UTC)
dizzy0ny

I have loaded the VS2008 project. It did it's typical conversion stuff..
I now went on to try and compile this project and receiving a large number of errors pertaining to the the pages located in \YetAnotherForum.Net\pages. these errors all complain about the YAF server tag being used in those pages. Here is an example

Code:
Error	142	Unknown server tag 'YAF:LocalizedLabel'.	D:\Projects\Websites\YetAnotherForum.NET\controls\ProfileYourAccount.ascx	7	

I also tried building the controls project itself first and verified that the new dll is copied to the bin directory of the website project. That did not help.

I am not sure, but always thought that when you are suing custom controls, the must be defined in the aspx page itself. these pages do not seem to do that and that may be why the error is occurring. Any thoughts?
Offline Jaben  
#105 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2008 5:08:53 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
It's your web.config... needs to include the YAF.* namespaces. Look at the web.config provided in the YAF v1.9.3 project.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed