stardv

I am trying to integrate YAF with exiting web site that is using standard asp.net membership providers with standard asp_net membership tables "aspnet_Users" and "aspnet_Membership". I have tried all things recommended in the forum by adding membership tag into web.config and creating standard provider but it does not seem to work.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. I must be missing something.

As I see by default YAF is using "yaf_User" table as a provider for the membership and user storage. Adding membership into web.config does not change that behavior. It must be something more that I am missing that was not specified in any of the forum messages so I can point YAF to existing member tables I am using for my application "aspnet_Users" and "aspnet_Membership"

This what I added to web.config

<membership>
<providers>
<remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"/>
<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ConnString" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" applicationName="ProjectUp" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="10" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""/>
</providers>
</membership>

Please help
Sponsor
stardv
Anybody please :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mek
You are using 1.93 right? As this is the only version compatible with the providers. In which case it doesn't use yaf_user as the provider table, but rather syncs a new table with that table (the give away is the UserProviderKey field).

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
stardv
Daa, my bad, I spent few days reading messages on how to use stand art membership and banged my head against the wall why I could not make it work.
I though it might have to do with the YAF version but I had no doubt since I downloaded the latest one available. However, after many hours I realized that I need 19.3 that is BETA and thanks to forums post I did download it

THNKS TAHNKS TAHNKS