OLD
Is there a way (can someone break it down for me) to get rid of the ACTIVE DISCUSSIONS module. It shows posts titles made in areas that shouldnt be seen by non-staff masks which i dont want to happen.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
test2005

If it is displaying things taht you think it shouldn't, your mask settings are not right. You may need to create several masks per forum to make sure this is being filtered properly the wy you need it.

But if your desperate to remove it, remove the "ForumActiveDiscussion" tag and control in forum.ascx and re-compile.

HTH

:)
.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
OLD
Thanks for the help šŸ™‚
ddscart
I'm not trying to be a hind end, but don't forget to log out before you check what can be seen by a guest. I created a fake member for myself so I could sign in as a member, not admin.
www.ddscart.orgUserPostedImageddscart@ddscart.org
Disabled Dachshund Society of Georgia
OLD
I just remade the forum and set the "management" sections as Initial Mask = Banned (No rights at all)
Then when i gave each group the permissions for the individual forums inside the management section i gave guest's (no need to login) the banned mask so they should not be able to see anything from the management section.

As a guest you can not see the management forums but you can see post titles under active discussions

www.mplayerleague.com/forums 

Im 100% sure ive made the permissions correct

... Also what prgm would i use to recompile the files after editing?
ddscart
I just went to your site and as a quest I could not see any post made anywhere but from one of five forums. No post showed that was in hidden forums. Under stats however I can see you have seven hidden forums.

Statistics
There are 6 posts in 5 topics in 12 forums.

Iā€™d like to know the compile program too.

www.ddscart.orgUserPostedImageddscart@ddscart.org
Disabled Dachshund Society of Georgia
OLD
I took a screenshot so you can see what im seeing

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage 
OLD
Well since ^^^ post ive managed to get rid of the Active Discussion Section ... kinda .... now im left with just the blue bar and no matter what i do i cant seem to delete it ... everytime i try i get a forum error
Mek
Depending on your version Active Discussion is cached, so if you log in as admin, log out, its still possible to see the cached results. Nothing to worry about.

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon šŸ™‚ )
test2005

When making changes to the server, always do a full history/saved files delete. Maybe even cookies, if your not bothered! šŸ˜› Save you mega headaches switching between users.

HTH

:)

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....