Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bbobb  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:55:34 AM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 254 post(s)
When you a forum moderator while trying to edit himself at Moderate button click.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at YAF.Pages.mod_forumuser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents and Settings\bob\My Documents\Projects\yafmssql_base\YetAnotherForum.NET\pages\mod_forumuser.ascx.cs:line 114
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Offline agibby5  
#62 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:27:54 AM(UTC)
agibby5

Another issue I had with the upgrade was with full text searching.

A user was receiving a search error. I tested it from my admin account and got this error:
Code:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution of a full-text operation failed. The catalog does not exist or is currently unavailable. Please retry the action again later and if this symptom persists, contact the system administrator. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read() at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping) at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue) at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) at YAF.Classes.Data.DBAccess.GetDatasetBasic(SqlCommand cmd, Boolean transaction) at YAF.Classes.Data.DBAccess.GetData(SqlCommand cmd, Boolean transaction) at YAF.Classes.Data.DB.GetSearchResult(String toSearchWhat, String toSearchFromWho, SearchWhatFlags searchFromWhoMethod, SearchWhatFlags searchWhatMethod, Int32 forumIDToStartAt, Int32 userID, Int32 boardId, Int32 maxResults, Boolean useFullText) at YAF.Pages.search.SearchBindData(Boolean newSearch)

It looked like there was something wrong with the full text catalog. I disabled the full text search feature and the search worked again.

Turned out, I needed to rebuild full text catalog on the db. I re-enabled the full text feature and retested the search... everything appears to be fine now.

Offline billyblue  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:16:54 AM(UTC)
billyblue

hi, agibby5,

i have the same problem with the full-text-search:

Code:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution of a full-text operation failed. The catalog does not exist or is currently unavailable. Please retry the action again later and if this symptom persists, contact the system administrator. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read() at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping) at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue) at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) at YAF.Classes.Data.DBAccess.GetDatasetBasic(SqlCommand cmd, Boolean transaction) at YAF.Classes.Data.DBAccess.GetData(SqlCommand cmd, Boolean transaction) at YAF.Classes.Data.DB.GetSearchResult(String toSearchWhat, String toSearchFromWho, SearchWhatFlags searchFromWhoMethod, SearchWhatFlags searchWhatMethod, Int32 forumIDToStartAt, Int32 userID, Int32 boardId, Int32 maxResults, Boolean useFullText) at YAF.Pages.search.SearchBindData(Boolean newSearch) in search.ascx.cs:line 211

You wrote, you did rebuild full text catalog on the db. But how? I'v found the table "sysfulltextcatalog", but it's empty.

On a second installation the full text search is working, but there the table "sysfulltextcatalog" is also empty. So i think this can't be the problem.

Any ideas? When i disable full-text-search, whats the disadvantage for users?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed